Every now and again I get my boys out of their athleisure wear into something much more handsome. I seriously covet those moments. Sigh. I pat myself on the back when we I get them in a Vineyard Vines tee, have an extra pep in my step when I can finagle a monogrammed polo, and pretty much do cartwheels and handsprings on the rare sport coat and bow tie situation.
For the occasions I can get them in something cute, I thought I’d share my favorite sources and provide y’all with info on how to find the few items from my latest closet clean out on ebay.
We lean towards the preppy, and favor Southern staples like seersucker and bowties.
- Vineyard Vines (tees, bowties, polos, shorts, swim trunks, button downs)
- The Beaufort Bonnet Company (monogrammed bow ties!)
- Polo Ralph Lauren (polos, plaid shorts, swim trunks, button downs)
- Lilly Pulitzer (grab it if and when you see it… boy stuff is rare; love shorts and swim trunks)
- Lands End (sport coats, pants, slacks, polos, sweaters, vests, button downs, cute shorts tees)
- Kelly’s Kids (great option for coordinating siblings…critter shorts, polo shirts, plaids, button downs, seersucker suits) Mine are aging out of this one quickly.
- Leatherman Ltd (flip flops and belts… I purchase at Polka Dots in Savannah)
- Crew Cuts – cute shorts
- Boden – (I used to promote them but they asked me not to as it could hurt their google search rankings. LOL)
- I buy nearly 100% of their clothes a season ahead once they go on sale.
- I buy basic khacki and navy shorts at Target.
- I always pick up a few solid color polos at Target each year and monogram them. They are perfect for the cute shorts at Vineyard Vines and Lands End.
- I look at Old Navy for cute, colorful solid color tees to go with cute shorts as well.
- While I don’t have any luck passing down play clothes, tees and gym attire any more (they are so ratty), the nicer things I buy DO survive two boys and sometimes cousin Jay as well.
- Our dress shoes of choice are tan bucks and sperry topsiders. I buy them from Rack Room where you can almost always get one half off when you buy one at full price.
I also have an old post on favorites for dressing Southern Tots! You can find that here.
Now, I have a few items that we’ve outgrown for sale on ebay. Everything starts at .99 and sizes range from 4-8. Everything is in fabulous used or new condition.
1. Go to www.eBay.com and click on Advanced next to the blue Search button in the upper right corner.
2. Under Items in the left hand menu, click By Seller.
3. My Seller ID is ratsisters.
Where do YOU like to shop for boy clothes? I’d love to know! And, if you have older boys, do they ever outgrow the athletic wear???!!! (Say it’s so!)
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED