In lieu of a true Sunday Supper post (because, leftovers), I thought it high time to share my new copper pots!!! These were purchased right after Christmas so we’ve been cooking in them for a little over two months now. And I LOVE them!!!
First things first, can we just all take a minute to bask in their beauty?! Because they ARE quite lovely. Now, on the more practical side, I was desperately in need of new cookware because nearly every piece of the Calphalon set we received as wedding gifts 15 years had started to peel on the bottom. I try to not to buy too much into scare tactics but there was no ignoring how unsafe this was. After researching the countless options out there, I just kept coming back to this set >> Lagostina Copper Cookware 10 piece Set
Here’s what I love thus far:
- How pretty they are! Also, the hammered exterior will go a long way to hide any scrapes and scratches on the copper over time. So far I have not had any issues with the copper discoloring but I knew when I purchased these that I was signing up for a little maintenance over time to keep them beautiful.
- They are much easier to clean than I thought they might be. I’ve never put my cookware in the dishwasher, and these are no different. When I cook something that sticks (think scrambled eggs), I soak it for a bit in the sink and it all scrubs right out. I’ve also used a bit of vinegar and baking soda to really get them shiny inside.
- Some of the lids that fit the pots are also the perfect size to cover the pans.
- The rounded edges make pouring so much cleaner than my previous set! Very few drips now.
- The handles stay cool on the stove top. (But the lids do not, FYI.)
- They are oven safe!
- They are nice and heavy and the heat seems to distribute very evenly.
I purchased mine on Amazon for $340 with prime shipping. This is a very good price, come to find out after researching lots of options. This EXACT set sells at Williams Sonoma for $800 or on sale for $600.
I hope y’all had a lovely weekend! We kicked off our lacrosse season and both boys brought home a win!! I also kept up with my 40 bags in 40 days clean out – tackling the foyer, powder room, fridge and pantry.
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED