General Mills is one of my favorite companies to work with, and getting their packages in the mail periodically is a really fun perk of blogging. :-) They usually send a couple of boxes of cereal, unique recipes and something personalized.
Whit and I looked through the recipes and were excited to make these energy bites. They did require a food processor and strict supervision, but he loved making them all by himself.
1 cup dried cherries
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
1/3 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1/2 cup almond butter
1 tsp honey
- Soak dried cherries in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and add to food processor. Add vanilla and pulse until a paste forms, about 1 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups cheerios and pulse again until fairly crushed and well mixed in.
- In a medium bowl, combine cherry mixture, pepitas, almond butter, honey and the remaining 1/2 cup cheerios. Mix well.
- Form into small balls, pressing tightly together with palms. Add a tiny bit more almond butter if they aren’t sticking.
- Store in air tight container in the fridge for grab-and-go snacking.
I didn’t read the part about dividing the cheerios so all of mine went in the food processor. They turned out just fine.
Along with the cereal and recipes, they sent this darling cooler bag from Thirty-One Gifts. How cute!!
We have already made another batch of these and all enjoyed snacking on them right out of the fridge. This is definitely a keeper recipe for us and something good to have on hand after school and before sports this fall.
I hope y’all have a wonderful weekend!! There’s nothing quite like a Friday afternoon with nothing much on the weekend agenda.
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED