While I regret to report that we are no longer able to make our holiday trip to San Francisco for Honey’s cousin’s wedding due to his new job and other unplanned expenses, I am beyond thrilled to that we are still making plans for a once in a lifetime trip to celebrate John’s 10th birthday and my 40th. I’ll collect your ideas for each leg of our trip one at a time so that I don’t miss out on anything. Our very first stop with be Los Angeles!!!!!!
After talking with my LA neighbor, I do have some ideas on what we want to do, but y’all know I’m a super planner. And I know y’all are full of amazing and incredible ideas. So, I would love to have you weigh in on the must-dos, must-eats and must-sees of LA.
- We are planning to have a two full days in LA, with travel days before and after.
- We will have the littles with us (7 and 10).
- It will be spring.
- We will rent a car.
- Right now we have a hotel booked on points in Beverly Hills. But I’m open to other ideas.
Here are ideas on my tentative list so far. I have not researched much about these places, tips, tricks, where to eat or how to string this trip together in a logical manner. I am also sure I am missing things and that’s where Y’ALL come in :-)
- In & Out burger on way in to town
- Santa Monica Pier
- Venice Beach
- Sunset Boulevard
- Show at El Capitan (because we looooove Disney)
- Walk of Fame
- Griffith Park Observatory
- And the Magic Castle… because I am OBSESSED. Anyone know a magician? Anyone? Anyone?
So, if you will, post your thoughts in the comments. I’ll compile them later for everyone to use and I will definitely report back as we firm up our plans!!!
PS. Disney items ordered from the Dixie Delights Shop by Sunday 9/6 will ship out on 9/10. Orders placed after 9/6 will not ship until 10/1.