On our Disney Dream Cruise last month, Honey and I gave each other a massage at Senses Spa for our 16th anniversary! We had visited the Rainforest Room part of the spa on a previous cruise but had not had a spa treatment.
Disney Cruise Line Senses Spa
All four of the ships in the Disney Cruise Line fleet have a Senses Spa. I don’t have any photos because I wasn’t carrying my phone around on the ship and definitely not in the spa.
Your Disney Cruise spa visit is really much like any other – check in, tour the locker rooms, get situated in robes and flip flops, and head into the relaxation room. The locker rooms are separated for men and women, while the relaxation room is co-ed, and there are small steam room areas in each locker room. I’ll be honest, while we agree that our massages were nice, they were nothing out of the ordinary and you do pay a premium for this spa.
There were two main strikes against them, in my opinion. First, the Rainforest Room (more on this below) is NOT included in the cost of your spa treatment. Second, the rooms we had were full of bright Bahamian sunshine, and I found all of that light rather jarring. After my service, I walked to the giant floor to ceiling window and saw we were overlooking the teen pool. A whole gaggle of 6 teams started waving. Awkward.
If you do go…
- The Senses Spa & Salon is reserved for Guests 18 years of age and older.
- Spa services are not included with the price of your cruise. 18% gratuity will be added automatically to your bill.
- The Rainforest Room is not included in spa services and a pass for that must be purchased separately. If you have a spa treatment, I do recommend purchasing the Rainforest Room pass as well.
- Reservations for the spa should be made online in advance. I handle doing this for my clients.
Rainforest Room on Disney Cruise Line
Now, while I don’t have a rave review of the Senses Spa itself, I DO absolutely positively love the Rainforest Room and highly recommend adding on a day pass to your Disney Cruise for the price of… wait for it… SIXTEEN DOLLARS!!!!!!!! That has to be the Disney deal of the century.
At check in you can opt to add a scrub of your choice for $9. Lavender is always my favorite, but we’ve also seen chocolate mint and vanilla brown sugar!
You will be escorted to the locker room for a robe and flip flops and to store your belongings. The Rainforest Room is co-ed and swimsuits are required. Bring a book along too.
Start your experience by rotating through the saunas and showers. Spend about 10 – 15 minutes in a sauna and then hop into a shower for a variety of unique options. Let each one run its course but be prepared for some chilly water now and again. Use your scrub before entering the steam bath.
Next, head out onto the private deck overlooking the water for zero gravity heated loungers and two hot tubs. This is where you’ll need that book. Or just have a nap like Honey does.
If you go (and you should)…
- The only way to get a one-day pass ($16) is to purchase in advance before you go through THIS LINK.
- You can use the pass any time you like during your trip. If you go early in the morning, you have access to come back any time you like that day. You can also upgrade to a cruise-long pass if you love it.
- Allow at least two hours to enjoy the full experience.
- Infused water and towels are provided, as are lockers, robes, sandals and access to the showers.
My final verdict – definitely do the Rainforest Room. Rather than the spa, spend that money on a champagne brunch or dinner at one of the adult restaurants!
As a Gold Key Adviser with Glass Slipper Concierge, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I offer concierge travel planning for Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland® Resort, Adventures by Disney®, Aulani and other delightful destinations.
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED