We’ve loved the oatmeal breakfast cups that I’ve kept stocked so much that I tried my hand at egg cups as well. They’ve been a huge hit and are a great, healthy breakfast.
Make Ahead Egg Muffin Cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups finely chopped peppers – I use a mix of green, red and yellow
- chopped red pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion – I like vidalia
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a regular muffin pan.
- Saute peppers and onion in oil about 7 minutes until everything is tender.
- Add spinach and cook for a couple of minutes until wilted.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper and cook for about 1 more minute.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites. Stir in cooked veggies.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.
I store these in the fridge for up to 4 days. To serve, we put 2 on a plate and pop in the microwave for about a minute.
We are on the way to sunny (hot) Florida for a few days!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED