Back for another sensational year, the Epcot International Festival of the Arts brings world-class cuisine, visual art and live entertainment all over the park! Running now through February 24, the 2020 Festival is open 7 days a week. Here’s a peek at our favorite parts of the event…
Expression Section: A Paint-by-Number Mural
In Future World, be sure to grab a paint brush and make your mark on this year’s pain by number mural. The expression section opens daily at 11AM and is free.
Moving on to our favorite part… the food!! Again this year, we were absolutely blown away by the careful and incredibly artful presentation of each and every dish. Be sure to pick up a Festival guide when you enter the park because it outlines the offerings. Here were our favorites. Many of them count as a snack credit on the Disney Dining Plan, and the most fun way to do this is with a group! We had Honey’s mom along so one more mouth meant we got to try more than ever!
The Deconstructed Dish
- Deconstructed BLT: Crispy Pork Belly, Tomato Jam and Soft Poached Egg
- Deconstructed Strawberry Cheesecake: Whipped New York Style Cheesecake with Fresh Florida Strawberries and Sugar Cookies with Micro-basil (KA)
- Almond Frangipane Cake layered with Raspberry Jam and Belgian Chocolate (KA)
- Shrimp Ceviche with Lime Mint Foam (GF)
- Blue Sky Black Cherry Boba Freeze (non-alcoholic)
- #RainbowSherbetGlitterDreamAle by Playalinda Brewing Co., Titusville, FL (Y’all… this actually glittered!!!!!!!!!!)
El Arista Hambriento – Mexico Pavilion
- Diego Blackberry Margarita: 100% Agave Tequila, Blackberry Purée, Fresh Jalapeño-Lime Juice served with Black Ant Salt Rim
- Paintbrush Churros: Cinnamon-Sugar Churros Dipped in Colorful White Chocolate (KA)
- Seared Corvina with braised Ratatouille and Lemon-Thyme Beurre Blanc (GF) (KA)
The Artist’s Table
- Pan-Seared Scallop with Chorizo, Roasted Red Pepper Coulis and a Parmesan Crisp (GF)
- Chocolate and Beer Pairing Flight
Goshiki – Japan Pavilion
- Sushi Donut: Donut-shaped Sushi featuring Salmon, Tuna, Shrimp, Cucumber and Sesame Seed over a decorated plate of Wasabi Aïoli, Sriracha and Eel Sauce
- Vegetable Gyoza: Vegetable and Edamame filled Gyoza atop Truffle-mashed Potatoes, Shiitake Mushrooms, Pepper Strings and Tonkatsu Teriyaki Sauce (KA)
L’Art du Cuisine Francaise – France
- Crème de Brie en Petit Pain: Warm Creamy Brie in a House-made Bread Bowl (KA)
The Masterpiece Kitchen
- Vanilla, Rose Water and Pistachio Panna Cotta
Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine
New this year, the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine can be found at the back of your Festival Passport.
Purchase the 5 menu items from the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine locations and be sure to collect a stamp to commemorate the occasion! Bring your Festival Passport—featuring your 5 new stamps—to Decadent Delights for a colorful culinary prize offered exclusively at the Festival.
Artful Photo Ops
As your making your way around the World Showcase, cross the Delaware with George Washington, scream along with Edvard Munch and flash your best Mona Lisa smile at immersive photo stops that let you “step into” some of the most-admired artwork from around the world.
- Homage to Frida Kahlo
- Mona Lisa – Leonardo da Vinci
- The Scream – Edvard Munch
- Washington Crossing the Delaware – Emanuel Gottlieb Leutze
- Luncheon of the Boating Party – Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- Peter Pan Storybook
And for the passholders out there, be sure to collect the artful magnet!
As always, touring around the world was a highlight of our trip! It was a little drizzly and lines were kept at a minimum, which was wonderful. If you’ve been to the Festival of the Arts, what was your favorite dish? Mine was the deconstructed cheesecake and blackberry margarita, but I think the rest of the crew would choose the sushi donut!
As Premier Level Gold Key Advisor with Glass Slipper Concierge, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I offer concierge travel planning for Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland® Resort, Disney Aulani Hawaii, Universal, Sea World and to 35 countries on 6 continents through Adventures by Disney®.
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED