Winter weather means you will find soups, roasts and chilis on my supper table most days of the week! One of my family’s all time favorite recipes is White Chicken Chili.
The original version of this recipe was shared NINE years ago in my Chili & Beer Tasting post. I have been unable to find white chicken chili seasoning at the grocery store for weeks, and updated my recipe to use regular spices and my method to make it quick and no-fuss in the Instant Pot. This is literally the EASIEST recipe to get on the table!
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large chicken breasts (I trim mine)
- 1 box chicken broth
- 2 (4.5-oz.) cans chopped green chiles
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 (16-oz.) cans white beans (great northern beans)
- 1 block cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces (if desired)
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, cilantro, avocado, crushed tortilla chips
Put everything in the Instant Pot – onion through beans. Stir. Add chunks of cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and set to sealing. Cook for 20 minutes. Once complete, let it depressurize on its own for 10 minutes before switching to venting. Shred chicken in the pot before serving.
- 1 (1.25-oz.) package white chicken chili seasoning mix can be used in lieu of the seasonings. I could not find it!
- I added the cream cheese at the last minute because I had everything on hand BUT (enough) cheese and sour cream to top. It was delicious and just creamy enough!
- This recipe is easily doubled and I do that often so I have half to freeze.
I hope you have enjoyed a nice weekend!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED