Y’all know my little one is a beast in the kitchen. (I’m talking like him now too!) He made this Cheesy Garlic Bread to go totally one up my usually side to spaghetti and we were all in heaven. He didn’t go for presentation on this one and could barely allow me the millisecond to snap this pic before diving in. It was that good.
Whit’s Garlic Cheese Bread
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese slices
- 1/3 cup shredded parm cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Cut the bread loaf into even slices, but be cautious not to cut it all the way through. It should stay attached on the bottom crust. Move the bread to your pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the softened butter, olive oil, garlic powder and parsley. Spread about half of the mixture down into each slice on the bread loaf. Save the rest.
- Stuff a slice of mozzarella cheese down into each opening of the bread. It will be busting open with cheese and butter.
- Spread remaining butter mixture over the top of the bread and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
We enjoyed this with a pretty basic spaghetti. I’ll give you one guest which item wasn’t left over at the end of the meal. :-)
My very favorite Whit recipe is his Maple Cheesecake. Mmmmm…
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED