On our trip in May, we were staying at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, so we scheduled a date night dinner at Flying Fish just around the corner. It was a lovely walk from our room and, after kicking things off at AbracadaBar, we were ready for dinner.
The restaurant has recently been reimagined and it was just lovely inside. All of the glass, tiles and lighting gave a lovely and sophisticated nod to your usual seafood restaurant.
Look closely and you will find a hidden Mickey. While you can almost forget you are at Disney while dining at Flying Fish, the impeccable service and attention to detail is still present.
We started with a glass of bubbly, a signature cocktail and the chef’s selection of artisanal cheeses.
Honey chose the Wagyu Filet Mignon with Fingerling Potatoes, Asparagus, Rainbow Carrots and Bordelaise Sauce. It was delicious!
I dined on the Ocean’s Bounty Sustainable Fish with Harvest Vegetable Mélange and Savory Potato Beurre Blanc. Mine was equally as good! Unfortunately we left no room for dessert.
Our meal was outstanding and, if there weren’t so many great choices we’ve yet to try at Disney, I’d say we would be back soon :-)
If you go:
- Advance reservations are highly recommended at 180 days out
- Flying Fish is considered signature dining and is two credits on the Disney Dining Plan and Deluxe Disney Dining Plan
- Children are absolutely welcome at Flying Fish
- Signature restaurants do have a bit of a dress code at Disney; Men may wear khakis, slacks, jeans or dress shorts and collared shirts with sport coats optional; Women may wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses, jeans or dress shorts; Not permitted are tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics
- Flying Fish also has a 5-course Chef’s Tasting Wine Dinner and I wouldn’t hesitate to book that
There are other fantastic signature restaurants at Disney and this is definitely among our favorites. I would recommend California Grill if staying in the Magic Kingdom area, Jiko in the Animal Kingdom area and Flying Fish in the Epcot / Hollywood Studios area. There is no sense in traveling all over property when there is good dining to be found so many places.
We enjoyed the loveliest stroll back to our resort with the BoardWalk lit up and abuzz with activity and fireworks bursting overhead. For us, a date night at Disney is one of the biggest luxuries! Most Disney vacations are taken with the kids in mind, but there is so much for adults when you take a minute and slow down. On our longer trips, we make a point to take one night for us. We send the boys to the kids club (available at select deluxe resorts, but you don’t have to stay there to use them!) and it always ends up being the perfect mid-trip break from park touring.
As always, I am happy to answer any and all questions. Ask away!
As an independent consultant with Glass Slipper Concierge, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I offer concierge travel planning for Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland® Resort, Adventures by Disney®, Aulani and other delightful destinations.
Start designing your dream vacation today!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED