The VOID: Star Wars Secrets of the Empire is Disney’s newest Star Wars experience and is sure to immerse you in the story like never before.
Teams of four are on a mission to recover Imperial intelligence vital to the budding Rebellion’s survival during a cutting-edge, multi-sensory, hyper-reality experience. Once you watch a briefing video, you are outfitted in your gear, given your blaster and then quite literally transported into a whole other galaxy. You are able to move around freely while virtually interacting with not only each other but Star Wars characters too! Every wall, droid and item you see in the headset is actually there in real life, which makes the entire experience extremely realistic. The interactive mission is easy to understand and does not require any prior knowledge of Star Wars. There is also a level of repeatability in the experience (outside of the fact that it is so cool you will want to go again) in that the choices you make on the mission also have consequences and trigger certain events.
As for the verdict, this experience left the three of us completely wowed. Like jaws-on-the-ground what just happened wowed! None of us had ever done anything like it before and it was an incredible experience. I would say that this is a MUST for Star Wars fans and Disney travelers with tween/teen kids. Even if you aren’t the biggest Star Wars fan, I feel pretty confident in saying that you would find The VOID impressive and entertaining.
If you go:
- The VOID is located at Disney Springs.
- I highly recommend making a reservation in advance because I think as more and more people hear about this it will start selling out. As of right now you can still purchase same day tickets. They seem to go on sale about 3 weeks in advance but I got mine by just checking every few days. Tickets are $30.
- There is no need to arrive early, just be there on time. The waiting area is outside and uncovered so if you do go early be prepared to stand in the elements.
- Do not bring a lot of extra stuff with you as there are no lockers or places to secure your belongings. There is just a shelf out in the open to leave your things.
- You must be 48 inches tall and 10 to participate.
- The gear weights around 15 pounds, including the helmet and vest.
- The experience is only 13 minutes in length but it is so immersive and engaging that it seems like two.
- You will be put in groups of 4 and all kids must have a parent/guardian in their group.
- I did not ever at any time have a sense of nausea or motion sickness ( I have experienced this in other VR type attractions). It was amazing!
- Disneyland’s Downtown Disney also has The VOID.
May the force be with you…
As an independent consultant with Glass Slipper Concierge, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I offer concierge travel planning for Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland® Resort, Adventures by Disney®, Aulani and other delightful destinations.
Start designing your dream vacation today!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED