The Disneyland Hotel is my very favorite on the West Coast and I loved every minute of my stay a few months ago. The hotel pays homage to the park’s original lands, with towers themed after Adventure, Fantasy and Frontier. There are whimsical touches throughout the resort, and is has a prime location located steps from Downtown Disney and a short walk to both Disneyland and California Adventure Parks!
The first thing you will likely notice about the Disneyland Hotel is the characters!! They are so fun and friendly, and can be caught just wandering through the lobby. This is something you will rarely see in Walt Disney World.
Accommodations at the Disneyland Hotel
The Disneyland Hotel offers regular double queen rooms, club level rooms and 1-, 2-, and 3- bedroom suites.
The regular rooms are absolutely magical with the headboard that lights up with the castle, fireworks and plays When You Wish Upon a Star. I kid you not, a tear of joy slid down my face when I walked in. It made for the perfect nightlight each evening.
The bathrooms also have a touch of Disney whimsy.
The Disneyland E-Ticket Club Lounge is a wonderful amenity definitely worth the upgrade! It is things like this that elevate a vacation from ordinary to extraordinary. Here are the benefits that come with a club level stay:
- Nightly turndown service
- View fireworks from the E-Ticket Club with soundtrack (excludes special ticket events)
- Snacks from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Exclusive access to the E-Ticket Club in the Adventure Tower
- Personal assistance from the Club Staff
- Wine and cheese reception from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- A selection of DVDs available for checkout
- Continental breakfast from 6:30 AM to 10:00 AM
- Cookies and desserts from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM
For suites, there are 1-, 2- and 3- bedroom options that also have the ability to add on the E Ticket Lounge at check-in, based on availability. However, the crowning jewel of the Disneyland Hotel are the five absolutely incredible themed suites! You can tour each of them in this post:
Dining at the Disneyland Hotel
In addition to the fabulous options steps away in Downtown Disney and the parks, Disneyland Hotel is home to some incredible dining experiences:
- Steakhouse 55 – Named for the year that Disneyland Park opened, Steakhouse 55 takes you back to a bygone era of decadence, when attentive service and lavish steaks were the order of the day—every day. You will dine in a dimly lit, well-appointed space replete with dark-wood furnishings, black-and-white photos of movie and music luminaries of the era, including Walt Disney, and an impressive wine cellar. This is a signature dining experience and reservations are a must. Steakhouse 55 serves breakfast and dinner.
- Goofy’s Kitchen – This is the “Chef Mickey’s” of the West Coast! At the breakfast buffet, guests are welcomed by a Disney Character host as you enter the eatery where boisterous fun is the perfect way to start your day! Then, get set for an unforgettable meal with Goofy and friends as you create an oh-so-perfect meal from the wide selection of delicious, all-you-care-to-enjoy dishes. At dinner, for a limited time, the Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration is turning dinner at Goofy’s Kitchen into a mouse-tastic event you’ll never forget! Guests are in for an especially entertaining meal as Chef Goofy serves up a heaping helping of fab new fun filled with themed food items, celebratory take-home swag, décor and appearances by Disney’s most legendary love birds, Mickey and Minnie. Plus, keep your eyes peeled for their good pals Pluto and Chip ‘n’ Dale as well! Dining reservations are highly recommended.
- Tangaroa Terrace – Enjoy bartop seating outside to dine alfresco under tribal-print lanterns while taking in views of the Disneyland Hotel’s Monorail Pool and waterslide, or find a seat inside amidst Island-inspired décor. On select evenings as the sun goes down, picture yourself in the South Pacific as you unwind to the soothing sounds of live music. This is a quick serve dining experience and reservations are not needed.
- Trader Sam’s – The original Trader Sam’s is one of our personal favorites and is not to miss! Try to keep cool as surreal events unfold: Exotic elixirs of untold potency are shaken, walls shake with volcanic eruptions and you may not be able to shake the feeling that the tiki gods are watching you. Trader Sam’s does not take reservations and seating inside does fill up quickly!
Like all Disney resorts, there is no shortage of fun with characters, trivia, movie nights, live music and so much more to enjoy. My family absolutely loves the two retro themed pools and two waterslides at the Disneyland Hotel.
If I had to choose between the three Disneyland Resort hotels, this one has my heart. I can’t resist all of the Disney memorabilia and classic but tasteful Disney theming.
If you are thinking about a Disneyland vacation this year, NOW is the time to book!!! Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge opens this June, Pixar Pier opened last summer, and the entire resort is just buzzing with excitement. Disneyland vacations do not require the intense, 6-month long planning process to have a wonderful, laid back experience so it is also the perfect choice for a relatively last minute Disney vacation!
As Gold Key Advisor with Glass Slipper Concierge, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I offer concierge travel planning for Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland® Resort, Adventures by Disney®, Aulani, Universal Orlando, Sea World and other delightful destinations.
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED