We try to do one new thing on our longer Disney trips and last month it was a surprise visit to the new NBA Experience at Disney Springs! It was absolutely perfect for my boys (the grown man, included) and was the highlight of their trip. Come take a peek inside…
Enter an immersive world where all of your basketball dreams are just a layup away.
The NBA Experience venue is inspired by modern-day NBA arenas and is home to thirteen unique experiences that let you embark on the full player journey, from training to competitions and beyond. Just as soon as they stepped through the entry point, they were handed basketballs! I had them pause their game for just a few minutes to set up their MagicBands and customize their experience. They chose usernames and favorite teams, and this allowed for a more interactive time in the venue.
Here on the main level we started with hand and wing-span checks. These smiles say it all!
The Combine was a fantastic interactive area where you explore the science behind the sport and put your skills to the test through a series of drills. You get real-time feedback on your performance to see how you measure up to an NBA or WNBA player. The results also show up on your PhotoPass / Memory Maker account as a download!
We explored the locker room, checking out current team rosters, records and highlights from the season. Then, we had our own championship moment with the MVP trophy.
Moving upstairs, we continued to put our basketball skills to the test!
The boys all LOVED Dunk! You can adjust the height of the goal to be just right. Then, step right up and demonstrate the dunking skills you’ve only dreamed of.
Shoot! is an innovative experience on the court where you are guided through a sequence of shots, with a virtual crowd cheering you on.
Dibble was another highlight! Here you grab a ball, hit the court and let the coach take you through the drills to assess your basketball-handling skills. There are five different levels and they get increasingly more difficult.
Slingshot was another favorite for my crew. Using a large slingshot, you try to shoot the ball through hoops set at varying heights. As the game progresses, the scoring changes! We hadn’t played a game like this before and everyone loved it!
The arcade area was, of course, also a great time.
- B-Ball Games Up-Close and Personal: Beat the clock with a perfect shot as your basketball skills are put to the test in this spin on classic basketball arcade games.
- Classic Basketball Arcade Games: Fans young and old can try their hand at a series of arcade games that include static hoops and hoops that move side to side.
- NBA 2K, NBA Live and NBA Playgrounds: Test your skills in the digital arena with the latest immersive video games of the NBA—featuring some favorite venues!
Trivia – Get your Brain in the Game
The Trivia area lets you test your knowledge of the NBA and all of its leagues—past and present. You compete against up to 24 other players, as well as the clock, and my three were INTENSE.
One of the biggest moments in a player’s life is the day they’re drafted into the league. This photo op lets you experience that moment!
I mentioned at the beginning that you should take the few minutes to set up your MagicBand at the entrance. All of our photos and stats came up on Memory Maker and the boys just loved seeing them and having these.
Know before you go…
- You can purchase tickets to NBA Experience through me!
- Tickets are a final purchase and are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable, revocable and void if altered.
- Tickets are not date or time specific, which I love. They are valid through December 31, 2020 and provide one-day admission to NBA Experience.
- Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times. Athletic shoes are recommended at the NBA Experience.
- Guests under age 14 must be accompanied by a Guest age 14 or older to enter the NBA Experience. Adults must sign a waiver when they arrive at the venue. A parent or guardian must sign a waiver for Guests younger than age 18.
- There no dining facility inside the NBA Experience (at this time). But, Disney Springs is home to LOADS of fantastic options. We spent a couple of hours here in the afternoon, had dinner at BOATHOUSE and then came back for another hour of fun.
We were all sweating and exhausted by the end of the night. Overall, NBA Experience was a fantastic experience that I’d definitely recommend!
As Premier Level Advisor with Glass Slipper Concierge, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I offer concierge travel planning for Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland® Resort, Disney Aulani Hawaii, Universal, Sea World and to 35 countries on 6 continents through Adventures by Disney®.
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED