We arrived back in Atlanta late last night (three days early), but before we loaded up and bid farewell to Rosemary, I snapped a few quick pics of this year’s rental…
At the ground level, you enter into a floor with two master bedrooms (queens I think), a room with two twin beds (we loved that it had a door and was not bunks), and a fourth bedroom with another queen. The last two share the hall bath.
These pics were as we were leaving so all of the beds have been stripped (what you have to do when leaving.)
The laundry was also on this level and led out to a covered porch and the sizeable back yard (by Rosemary standards.)
Heading up to the second level is the main living space.
The den and kitchen were huge, very open and full of light. It did seem that some of the furniture was missing, as was a lot of the art.
We loved this little powder room with the glass tile wall and oyster shell mirror. We did not love that the door fell off the hinges…
Heading up again, there was what was listed as a “sitting room” but, again, the furniture and electronics were missing. This level also had a bunk room with four twin beds.
We loved the fenced in yard with hot tub, grills and space to ride scooters.
As lovely as it looks in these pictures, I would not recommend this particular house. We’ve probably visited Rosemary 15 times over the last 9 years and this one had lots of little things wrong with it compared to all of the others we’ve tried.
Now, I’ve had loads of questions about where we stay in Rosemary. Here are a few tips and tricks:
- We rent a different house each year on vrbo.com. There are a few that we’ve stayed in 2-3 times, but we love trying new things each time.
- Read the descriptions carefully if you want to stay inside of Rosemary Beach. We always do! We love their pools, beach and amenities and that we can ride bikes everywhere. There are quite a few that say Rosemary Beach, but are really in one of the neighboring areas.
- Staying on the other side of 30A from the beach has been no problem for us. We find it to be a little quieter than the gulf side.
- A few of our repeat house rentals include: Cabana House, Timeless, The Little Beach House, and Oasis Cottage. There are quite a few more that we’ve rented and we’ve been happy with all (except this years) but these are ones we go back to time and again.
- Consider the cleaning fee, insurance (some require), and other costs before choosing. These can add up fast. Also, consider those that offer free bikes (savings of $55-85/week per person) and other amenities.
If you have any specific questions, just comment here and I’ll try to answer!!
As to why we are back early… bestie B badly injured her shoulder so we weren’t able to make our annual trip to Pensacola after leaving Rosemary. The littles were SO SO upset – and Honey and I were pretty bummed too. We’ve got a few fun things in the works here at home to help pass the time :-) Please say a quick prayer for a speedy recovery for B!