When I was unexpectedly left with three ultra ripe bananas and no trip in site to the grocery store, I had to get a little creative with my banana bread recipe. And boy am I ever glad I did!! This one was so moist and yummy and is my new favorite. Not to mention, I almost always have these ingredients in the house which is a plus.
Chocolate Banana Bread with Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add mashed bananas, yogurt, maple syrup, and brown sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, spreading it out evenly. Drop chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
You obviously don’t have to add the chocolate chips, but it was Whit’s idea and they were awfully yummy on top.
I only got to enjoy it for breakfast two mornings before it was gone. It paired wonderfully with an iced coffee and summer morning weather!! (The cup is from Natalie Chang.)
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED