I know I’ve already shared this event, but since our Plaza Garden viewing spot was rained out the first time, I’m back with a full report on the Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing at the Tomorrowland Terrace!
We were given wrist band and ushered to the upper level of Tomorrowland Terrace. There are two options now for the Fireworks Dessert Party – viewing from the lower level of the Tomorrowland Terrace and viewing from the Plaza Gardens (more commonly known as the hub grass.)
Since we had already experienced the dessert party from the Tomorrowland Terrace, we tried the Plaza Garden viewing this time. It was also $20 cheaper per adult. The cast member will let you choose your table on arrival and will give you a “reserved” table tent to hold it while at the buffets. We were towards the front of the line at check-in and chose a table on the edge overlooking the hub. It was nice and breezy!
As for the desserts, you can eat as much as you like. While the spread wasn’t as filling or varied as the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, I actually enjoyed the desserts more. There were various tarts, fruits and cupcakes but the macaroons and chocolate dipped strawberries were my favorite!
All four of us also loved the Kid’s Kabobs. At Disney everyone is a kid, you know :-) The plates had a Mickey straw and chocolate fondue with a marshmallow, strawberry, brownie and rice krispie treat for dipping. Disney makes rice krispie treats like nobody else and this was such a fun treat.
There were lemonades, sparkling cider and other non-alcoholic drink choices.
After we filled up on sweets we headed back to the podium and they walked us over to the roped off garden viewing area. The sun was setting and it was just lovely.
We staked out our spot and settled in to wait for the show. There is plenty of room in the garden spot, but there is not a completely clear, unobstructed view. If that is important to you, I recommend not doing this dessert party and instead camping out in front of the castle a couple of hours in advance.
Happily Ever After is really a fabulous show. The more times I see it, the less I mourn the loss of Wishes :-) The castle projections are stunning and really add a lot to the show. Here you can see the view from the Plaza Garden. It is easy to see all of the fireworks and most of the castle but you do have lamp posts and heads in the way.
We have not done the party with Tomorrowland Terrace viewing in a couple of years, but here is the view you would have from that vantage point. The fireworks happen mostly off to the right.
If you go:
- Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit; We saw many people come up and inquire only to find out it was sold out for the night.
- Fireworks are not guaranteed and we really thought we wouldn’t see them our night! Just keep in mind that in every vacation there will be a hiccup. Don’t let it ruin your trip, or even your night.
- Be sure to check the times guide on the day of your party to ensure the fireworks time has not changed.
- Check-in happens at a podium on the Main Street side of Tomorrowland Terrace. It officially opens 75 minutes prior to the fireworks, but there was a line 90 minutes in advance.
- The only advantage to arriving early is getting your choice of tables. This is really not important as you can’t see the fireworks from the part of the restaurant where they sit the guests of the Plaza Garden viewing party.
- There is another party that seats on the bottom level of Tomorrowland Terrace. You DO watch the fireworks from these seats so it would be good to get as close to the front of that line as possible.
- There was ample room in the plaza garden, but most spots had a slightly obstructed view. Being so short, I always have an obstructed view so I think this is a plenty good spot for me!
I hope that YOU had a magical Monday. Please ask any questions… I am always happy to help!
As an independent consultant with Glass Slipper Concierge, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I offer concierge travel planning for Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland® Resort, Adventures by Disney®, Aulani and other delightful destinations.
Start designing your dream vacation today!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED