I know I’ve said this a thousand times, but there is no place like Disney at Christmas. We made a couple of stops at Magic Kingdom during our stay earlier this month. All of the parks are resorts are dressed to the nines for the holidays but Magic Kingdom is just the best of the best! We made a rare park opening visit and I could hardly stand how pretty the entrance was bathed in the rising sun.
Here my top SIX Christmas must-dos in Magic Kingdom…
1. The first thing is something I do every time I walk into Magic Kingdom on each visit – go up to the top of the train station to soak it all in. It is my favorite view – you smell the popcorn, hear the music, watch the guests scurrying about – and it is magical! At Christmas it is breathtaking to see the tree in front of the Castle and hear the Christmas music.
2. Take a nice slow walk down Main Street USA. This area is resplendent with wreaths, garlands and traditional Christmas decorations, in addition to all of the tiny details that you can easily overlook on any given day. Read the windows, look at the displays, just soak it all in.
3. At the holidays, the Jungle Cruise is transformed into the Jingle Cruise. This is the one time of the year we FastPass this ride!
4. As hard as it is, plan early and dine in Beast’s Castle! The grand ballroom at Christmas is even more stunning that usual.
5. See Elsa light the Castle! It’s sensational. You don’t have to be in the front row, just have a good view of the castle from anywhere on Main Street or around the hub.
6. Splurge on tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!!
And, if you do, here are my top party tips!!
Arrive early!! You can get in at 4PM with a party ticket and we almost always arrive between 4PM and 5PM. We got there late this time and regret that decision. Also, plan to stay until midnight. If your kids can’t hang yet then wait until they are older.
Watch the the fireworks. They are SO fantastic!! You will want to find a spot facing the castle with as unobstructed view as possible.
See the parade! It’s really hard for me to pick a favorite between Halloween and Christmas and I consider both MUST dos. I think it is worth sitting on the curb on Main Street for 90 minutes prior to save a spot. We saw it from Frontierland this time and had great seats with a minimal wait but I much prefer it on Main Street.
Grab a cup of hot chocolate and walk down Main Street in the snow!!!
Get ALL the treats!!! We love that the party now features complimentary treat stations all over the park, each offering different items. We had cookies, cocoa, cider, egg nog, sno cones, pretzels, chocolates and so much more!!
Pick a few favorite rides and squeeze those in amid all the other fun. Splash Mountain is a family favorite of ours!!! We also hit Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Monsters Inc and the Speedway.
Get a picture taken in front of the castle and look for the photographers with special Magic Shots.
And, finally, wear something SUPER Christmassy!!!! You will see people in all sorts of things. This year we went with flannel jammies and Christmas tees. My favorites are the families that go in full footed pajamas :-)
I hope that you and yours have a wonderful holiday season!!!!!
As an independent consultant with Glass Slipper Concierge, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I offer concierge travel planning for Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland® Resort, Adventures by Disney®, Aulani and other delightful destinations.
Start designing your dream vacation today!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED