If you’re headed on a Disney Cruise to the Bahamas or Caribbean, you will probably get to enjoy a spectacular day at Castaway Cay! Here on Disney’s private island, you will find sprawling beaches, sparkling lagoons, water play areas, scenic walking trails, characters, kids clubs, dining and shopping. There are also a variety of additional port adventures you can book to enhance your day, one of which is the Castaway Cay Getaway Package.
Castaway Cay Getaway Package
The Castaway Cay Getaway Package includes three family-friendly adventures in one package at a discounted rate! By reserving this port adventure, you receive snorkel equipment for the day, a float or inner-tube rental for the day, and a bicycle rental for one hour.
Snorkel on Castaway Cay
Renting the snorkel equipment gives you access to the beautiful 20-acre snorkel lagoon located at the Family Beach. There are loads of tropical fish, sea turtles and even surprise sunken treasures to be found. While the lagoon has very calm waters, it is still quite a ways out to see the treasures so I recommend this activities for strong swimmers. The snorkel equipment is yours for the day and you are welcome to come and go from the lagoon as you wish. Life jackets are also available.
Floats on Castaway Cay
The second part of the package includes your choice of a float or tube to enjoy for the duration of your day!
Bike Rentals on Castaway Cay
Finally, the last part of the Getaway Package includes a 1-hour bike rental to explore the island! We had done the snorkeling and floats on previous cruises, but this was our first time on the bikes. And, they were SO much fun!!
The easy and flat 1.5 mile bike trail takes you around the same initial loop of the 5k race. You will see all sorts of island relics along the way.
Make sure you leave time to climb to the top of the lookout tower about half way around the loop. From here you get spectacular views of the island and water.
Next, the trail takes you down the old air strip and past Serenity Bay, the adult beach. Back here is just lovely!
Castaway Cay Getaway Package Information
- The package is available to ages 5 and up. It costs $44.00 (ages 10 and up) and $25.00 (ages 5 to 9).
- The package includes snorkel equipment and a float rental for the entire day, plus a one-hour bicycle rental. The adventure is only available to book online or onboard, prior to arrival at Castaway Cay. Once you have reached the island, the discounted package will not be available.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult 18 or older.
- Individual components are available in any order.
- Snorkel vests are included and compulsory while snorkeling in the lagoon. Child-size masks and fins are available.
- When purchasing the package, you will receive a ticket in your stateroom on arrival. Simply bring this ticket with you when you disembark the boat. You will need it to claim each activity.
Ending Your Castaway Cay Day
Afterwards, be sure to stop for a smoothie ($) or ice cream (complimentary) for a sweet ending to your ride!
One of my other favorite parts of the Castaway Cay day is at the very end where you are handed a nice cold towel and are offered a selection of infused waters, juice and tea.
All in all, we loved the flexibility of this package so that we could stay on “island time” but still have loads of options for our entertainment. With the floats and snorkel equipment available all day, you can come and go from those at your leisure. The bikes can also be picked up at any time for 1-hour of use.
More information on Castaway Cay:
I am happy to answer any questions about Castaway Cay or Disney Cruise Line in general!
As an independent consultant with Glass Slipper Concierge, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I offer concierge travel planning for Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland® Resort, Adventures by Disney®, Aulani and other delightful destinations.
Start designing your dream vacation today!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED