We’ve celebrated a LOT of things over the years, but the last day of school Walk of Fame is my most favorite of all. It’s not elaborate or expensive, but it makes me happier, prouder and more excited than any of the others and is a small thing to remind the boys of how much we love them and just how proud we are of them. Just like I’ve done since John finished Kindergarten, I line the driveway or sidewalk with signs touting their accomplishments, both in and out of the classroom, from the past year.
I usually have the signs facing the other way so that when they arrive home from bus and carpool they walk through them on their way into the house. I turned them the opposite way this year, since they were just rolling out of bed for their Walk of Fame. :-) I did Whit’s signs on the left and John’s on the right.
This was the first time ever that Honey has been home for the Walk of Fame! While the two biggest years of elementary school and middle school certainly didn’t end with the usual celebrations, there were some other sweet moments and precious memories to hold on to.
I don’t normally give them gifts on the last day of school. (I do pay for grades, just like my parents did!). Whit’s teacher dropped off a gift and his bus driver left him this incredible walking stick. I had a high school shirt tucked away for John and so we gave him that at the end of his walk. We knew he was thrilled when he gave his full dimpled smile and proclaimed it “good cap”, the new teenage slang I hear approximately every 2.5 seconds.
Here’s a little recap of fifth and eighth grades for my two favorite kids in the world.
With that, we are officially on the longest summer vacation ever! While most of our plans have been cancelled, we still have John’s travel lacrosse team and a July trip to Disney hanging in there. We will head down to Tybee again with Sister’s family at least once more. Oh, and my FRESHMAN starts online PE Tuesday morning.
As for the holiday weekend, Honey and Whit have a few tee times on the books and I have “lounge chair reservations” every day at the club. I hope you and yours are able to enjoy some sun in the fun!
L E T ‘ S T R A V E L
The world is reopening!! Now is the time to start planning and give your family something to look forward to. All deposits are FULLY refundable and you can book with confidence knowing I handle every single details of your trip.
Walt Disney World
– Reopened July 11 with low crowds and impressive safety measures!
– Now booking for arrivals today through September 2021
– Fantastic discounts 9/4 – 12/24/20
– Reopening TBD
– Have your info added to my interest list for travel through 2021
– Reopened June 5 with low crowds, hardly any restrictions on experiences and safety protocols in place!
– Now booking for arrivals today through 2021
Disney Cruise Line
– Now booking for itineraries August 2020 through December 2021 with a cruise with confidence flexible booking policy in place!
Aulani Disney Hawaii
– Reopening TBD
– Save up to 35% on stays August 1 – December 22, 2020!
– Now booking for arrivals through 2021
The Rest of the World (literally!)
– Now booking Adventures by Disney through March 2022 with discount (family & adult exclusive dates) and FULLY refundable deposits
– USA and international tours available
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED