We’re still cooking and eating at home the vast majority of our meals. Whit and I are enjoying trying tons of new things and this one was a great find for weekend morning breakfasts! These chocolate chip pancakes have NO sugar and are still fluffy and delicious. I can’t say they are the best ever and I would never make regular pancakes again, but I will say that they are a perfect balance of healthy and tasty.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, milk, egg, oil and vanilla.
- Stir the wet and dry mixtures together until just moist, being careful not to overmix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Heat a large griddle over medium high heat and spray with oil. Use 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook until they start to bubble and flip.
If you love breakfast as much as we do, this post has some of our other favorites:
Hope you enjoyed a lovely weekend!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED