I’m just home from a whirlwind business trip to Walt Disney World where I got to enjoy another VIP Tour! I shared my family’s 2021 tour in THIS POST, and thought I’d give an update with my most recent experience today. Spoiler alert: It’s still the Best Disney Day Ever!
Private Disney VIP Tour
With the help of your own VIP Tour Guide, you can maximize your fun with minimal fuss for the Disney vacation of a lifetime! Your guide and I will plan the most efficient, enjoyable way for groups up to 10 guests to see and do all that’s on your list. With door-to-door private transportation from your resort, expedited entry to attractions, and Rise of the Resistance boarding, reserved viewing for Magic Kingdom and Epcot fireworks, and reserved viewing for the Magic Kingdom parade, you’ll spend less time waiting and more time soaking up the magic of Walt Disney World. You will experience unparalleled hospitality at one or more theme parks, ride your favorite attractions, and learn so much about the magic and often unnoticed details in the Disney parks with your very own guide. Rates start at $450 per hour (7 hour minimum) and go up to $850 per hour during peak seasons. Ten guests are included and additional time can be added on the day of your tour.
See what I shared with Glass Slipper Concierge clients on the company Facebook page after our tour:
A Great Start
I meticulously plan every day of your itinerary, and the VIP tour day is no different! For this tour, we did things a little differently from normal. We slept in, enjoyed the gorgeous Wilderness Lodge and kicked off the parks with lunch – and a cocktail – at Space 220 on our own.
Disney Private VIP Transportation
One of the huge benefits and time savers of the VIP Tour is private transportation! Since we were doing a 2:45 PM start, we hopped on the Skyliner to meet our guides in Hollywood Studios. The benefit of the late start is that you can do reserved viewing of a nighttime show within the 7 hour minimum.
When starting with the guide at the resort, you’ll load up into a van or SUV and enter your first park through a backstage entrance in a blink. There are no lines to wait in at a gate or back-ups at security. Rather, you waltz right in with a few quick steps from an off-stage parking spot.
I have a little collection of VIP Tour pins and was beyond thrilled to add the special 50th to my stash!
A Star Studded Afternoon in Hollywood Studios
Hollywood Studios has been the most “crowded”, often “sold out” park with the longest wait times. I mean, you have ALL of the brand new things here, including Toy Story Land, Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge and Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. It does make sense.
We covered off on the following Hollywood Studios attractions:
- Rise of the Resistance
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Water Break!
- Toy Story Midway Mania
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Tower of Terror
- Rock n Rollercoaster
One thing I love about the VIP tour is that everyone doesn’t have to do everything. Your guide will take all interested individuals on to the attraction, while the others have a cold drink in the shade.
Thrills in Animal Kingdom
Our guides took us to their waiting vehicles and whisked us off to Animal Kingdom. We were delivered to the backstage door of Pandora: World of Avatar! For Disney nerds, and even most regular guests, getting to see these areas is a treat in and of itself.
They had us order dinner while in transit, so by the time we arrived it was ready and waiting. We enjoyed a leisurely and delicious meal at our collective favorite, Satu’lu Canteen.
We had a short list of Animal Kingdom attractions:
- Flight of Passage
- Expedition Everest
Evening in Epcot
We wrapped up our VIP Tour in Epcot! Once again, our guide parked steps away from our final destination – the Harmonious nighttime spectacular. These guides are all SO fantastic with kids, adults and families. They are fun, informative, professional, knowledgeable… the list goes on.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- Mini break for adult beverages
- Harmonious reserved viewing with caramel popcorn!
Our guides quickly got us to Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and then escorted us to the VIP viewing area for Harmonious. Once we were settled, we took turns heading off for adult beverages to enjoy during the show, and our guides treated all of us to the delicious caramel popcorn from Germany. YUM!
Back at the Wilderness Lodge
After the show, we didn’t have to fight the thousands of guests leaving the park for closing. Instead, we were taken through a backstage exit straight to our vehicles in mere minutes. We were back at the resort in the time it would have taken us to walk to the front of the park on our own. Amazing!
Private VIP Tour Tips and Thoughts
I work with all interested clients to incorporate a Private VIP Tour into their schedule and help outline the optimal start and end times, as well as must-dos to share with their guide. I also help hand pick a guide that will best suit their needs! The parks sell out every day and Genie+ is difficult and time consuming. A VIP Tour day goes a long way to mitigating those issues. AND, there just are SO many benefits to splurging on VIP.
- Private VIP Tours are expensive, but they are the ultimate in experiencing luxury Disney World.
- Each VIP guide can take up to 10 people in a group. If you are unsure of the price, consider sharing a guide between two families with similar interests. I always recommend it for extended families, clients short on time and those that hate to wait in lines, special milestone celebrations, bachelorette groups, reunion groups, or RunDisney race weekend groups!
- With private transportation between parks, using a VIP Guide is the easiest and most efficient way to park hop.
- Your guide can provide access to VIP viewing areas for Harmonious in Epcot, Enchantment in Magic Kingdom and the Festival of Fantasy Parade in Magic Kingdom.
- Having 1-2 days of VIP Tours completely mitigates the unbelievable crowds at Disney and takes so much pressure off of you to secure the top attractions using Genie+.
- The clock keeps running while you dine and I will ensure you maximize your time with the guide.
- Guides use the Lightning Lanes at every attraction for expedited access.
- Our group did not race to accomplish all of this. We had multiple snack and drink breaks and enjoyed the sights and scenes of the parks.
- Using a Private VIP Tour guide is ideal for families with limited time in the parks. You can cover the same ground in 1 day of a VIP tour as in 2-3 on your own.
- A Private VIP Tour guide is also a great option for securing access to sold out parks.
- A huge benefit of the guide is the transportation and back stage park entrances. Without the guide, we would have spent approximately five hours just on transportation to, from and between the parks!
- Park tickets are not included in the cost of the VIP tour.
- If you are a Disney fanatic, the guides not only get you on the rides, but they share the history, little known facts, and extra magical tips and tricks as you move through the parks. This was one of my favorite parts of the tour! It was almost like a Keys to the Kingdom Tour that crosses parks with every ride you want to do thrown in.
- These tours do fill up and I recommend booking them in advance. Right now, there are a very limited number of tours available each day.
I have received glowing feedback from ALL of my clients that have added a Private VIP Tour to their Walt Disney World vacation. It is truly the best Disney day ever!
VIP Review from a Recent Client
I had the pleasure of planning a 50 and Fabulous trip and absolutely loved followingn along on what they did. THey gave me carte blance to plan it the way I’d celebrate my own. A VIP Tour was included, of course. Here’s what they said:
As hard as it is to believe, our amazing VIP tour day allowed us to do everything below in 7 hours, 45 minutes!!!! Such an amazing experience. Incredible. Amazing tour guide with tons of insights into the parks and rides. We honestly didn’t have to think about anything! Thanks Amanda!!!! Your #dixietravels and #glassslippercomcierge are incredible
-Tower of Terror
-Galaxy’s Edge Rise of the Resistance
-Star Wars Millennium Falcon
-Slinky Dog Dash
-Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
-Na’vi River Journey
-break for lunch
-Avatar Flight of Passage
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-break for Dole Whip
-Thunder Mountain Railroad
-Seven Dwarves Mine Train
Then dinner at Epcot after freshening up so we could hit all parks. Still at dinner and already 25,000 steps!
Let’s Travel & My Services
As a Premier Level Advisor with Glass Slipper Concierge, I am recognized for providing the highest level of customer service, experience, and knowledge in the industry. I use my personal connections and firsthand expertise to craft bespoke Disney trips for the most discerning clients. On top of that, Disney vacations are expensive and I know how to get the best value for your time and money. If you’re looking to travel to Disney in 2022, NOW is the time to plan!
Most aspects of planning a Disney vacation look different and now, more than ever, it is crucial to have the most current, up to date information based on personal experience to plan your vacation! I know these parks inside and out, I’ve used, tested and experienced Genie+, I’ve stayed in all of the resorts, and am a small, one woman show. Let’s go there!
As Premier Level Advisor with Glass Slipper Concierge, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I offer concierge travel planning for Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland® Resort, Disney Aulani Hawaii, Universal, Sea World and to 35 countries on 6 continents through Adventures by Disney®.
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED