Get a load of our bad bad bath. Remember that show on HGTV? Had I owned this bath then, I definitely would have been putting my name in for a much needed makeover. Truth be told, I never stepped foot in this nasty bath before it’s update. But from my vantage point at the door, all I could see was ugliness. A water stained ceiling, waaaay more wood than a bathroom should have…mirror, lights, cabinets, toothbrush holder (ew), soap dish AND the toilet seat (double ew)…and too dark of a paint color for the little space.
- Painted paneling in Benjamin Moore Snow on the Mountain to match other walls in basement
- I made the ruffled sink skirt in Premier Prints Coral fabric in Kelp colorway. How-To coming soon!
- Vanity mirror, towel bars, toilet paper holder from Target. I purchased in-store and cannot seem to find them on-line.
- Vanity light from Shades of Light. The splurge of the whole room!
- Shelves designed by me and built by Honey. Since the wall was long I wanted them to look very substantial. Painted in high-gloss Snow on the Mountain.
- Baskets and frames (showcasing little’s art projects) from Ikea; Already owned other accessories.
- Rug from Ikea.
- Faucet and NEW white toilet seat from Home Depot.
- Towels from Wal-Mart with ruffle embellishment by moi. Tutorial for that coming too!
- New ceiling tiles from Ceilume – to match rest of basement.
And we did it ALL for about $450 (including the $180 light fixture splurge)!
- $180 light
- $30 fabric
- $45 baskets
- $100 faucet, towel bar, toilet paper roller, mirror, toilet seat
- $6 towels
- $20 frames
- $15 rug
- $20 supplies for shelves (already had most of the wood and supplies for the shelves and everything from the walls left over from the rest of the basement reno)
- Other accessories we already had on hand
Pinch me now because I can hardly believe my bad bad bath…