After receiving a similar basket of goodies from new friend A, I was inspired to recreate the treat for the PCP’s teachers. We delivered a basket of homemade blueberry muffins, pumpkin muffins and pretzel treats with a “happy fall” sentiment when we went for our teacher conference last week.
Here are the details:
- I lined aluminum loaf pans (2/$1) with a burlap square, arranged the goodies, tied with a thick double faced satin ribbon and topped with the “happy fall” gift tag.
- Download said “happy fall” gift tag . It’s free!!
- For the blueberry muffins, I used a “doctored box”. I start with the Betty Crocker mix and add fresh blueberries, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- For the pumpkin muffins, I used new friend A’s mom’s recipe, topped with toasted coconut and a pecan half. I failed to ask her if I could share the recipe here :-( I’ll do that today…
- The recipe for the pretzels is as follows.
waffle shaped pretzels
1. Spread pretzels in single layer on shallow baking sheet.
2. Unwrap kisses and place one on top of each pretzel.
3. Bake at 170 for about 5 minutes.
4. As soon as you remove from oven press a candy corn down on the chocolate.
Speaking of the teacher conference, all is well in Kindergarten-land! The PCP is doing great in math (not a surprise) AND reading (that was the surprise). He is working on controlling his talking and taking his time with his work. You know what they say about the apple and the tree…
Happy fall, y’all!