As promised in my New Year’s Eve recap, here is the crazy easy and superbly festive recipe for Champagne Jello Shots. Mind you, I cannot be held responsible for any debauchery that ensues after consuming said jello shots, and I can hardly bear to look at a picture of the darned things just yet.
Champagne Jello Shots
1 box of unflavored gelatin (contains 4 packets)
1 bottle of champagne (I used Spumante)
– Pour 2 cups champagne in a small sauce pan and sprinkle with the four packets of gelatin. Allow to soak for a few minutes.
– Heat on low, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved. This probably takes 5 minutes or so. Once all of the foam subsides you’ll be able to see that the gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat.
– Stir in the rest of the bottle of champagne.
– Pour into an 8×8 pan and refrigerate until set. I made these the day before to be sure they would gel.
– Cut into shapes and enjoy!
PS. The clock face kraft paper rounds and other printed kraft paper used for the bonne annee banner were all found at AC Moore while in Savannah. So sad we don’t have that store in Atlanta!