Given my first-born-type-A-perpetual-rule-follower personality traits, I very rarely stray from the precise measurements and ingredients of a recipe. I’m creative in plenty of other areas of my life, but NOT in my cooking. So creating this recipe and the fact that it is actually super delish will likely come as a surprise to you and me both. I’m calling this the marriage of an idea seen on Pinterest and Daddy-O’s divine Gentleman’s Wedge dinner salad.
Amanda’s Blue Cheese Chips
(I put my name in the recipe because Sister has a recipe called Sister’s Butternut Squash Soup and I’ve always been extraordinarily jealous when the fam says things like “Oh, I can’t wait for Thanksgiving and Sister’s Butternut Squash Soup” or “Sister’s Butternut Squash Soup is the best thing I’ve had in ages.” Allow me that indulgence, y’all…)
Blue Cheese Sauce
– 1 cup mayo (I always use Dukes)
– 1 cup sour cream
– 4oz. blue cheese crumbles
– 1 tsp. lemon juice
– 1 T. worchestershire sauce
– bag of Kettle Chips
– two diced roma tomatoes
– 4 sliced green onions
– 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
– additional blue cheese crumbles (my container had 5 oz. so I had some left)
1. Make the sauce – Mix everything in a bowl, cover and chill. You’ll have enough left over for a salad or a second batch of chips!
2. Preheat your oven to 300.
3. Line a pan with foil. Dump your bag of chips on the pan. Drizzle with blue cheese sauce.
4. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until chips and sauce is warm.
5. Top with tomatoes, green onions, bacon and additional cheese crumbles.
6. Stand back as your friends ooh and ahh and the chips disappear while quietly being super proud of your accomplishment.