Obsessed with getting 10,000 steps each day. (Amanda, are you doing laps around the kitchen???? Yes. Why do you ask?)
Obsessed with climbing at least 10 flights of stairs. (Mommy, will you go get my blahblahblah? YES! I’d love to!)
Obsessed with timing my sleep at the precise moment. (Honey, is there anything else you need to say before I set my fitbit to sleep mode?)
The struggle is real.
All craziness aside, I absolutely LOVE it! Here are my thoughts…
- I chose the fitbit Charge HR . It continuously tracks heart rate and activity, as well as steps, distance, floors climbed, sleep quality, calories burned/consumed and more.
- One of my favorite features is that it also functions as a watch. This is what made me decide to step it up from the regular version. I can’t be wearing this AND a watch.
- I also love that it connects to caller ID and will vibrate AND show who’s calling right there on your wrist.
- The thing is a breeze to set up. It automatically syncs to both your online dashboard and to the fitbit app on your smartphone.
- I have a few friends on fitbit and it’s fun to keep each other motivated. And I have a competitive side to me, so seeing their numbers climb when I’m sitting in the spot makes me get up and get moving. In all honesty, I’ve never been more motivated to get out and walk in my entire life. EVER!
- It only needs to charge every few days. It’s not waterproof so I tend to stick it on the charger when I shower and that works pretty well. (God forbid I miss a night of sleep tracking…)
- I HATE the way it looks. The thing is ugly… and why?! I went with black just because it was more neutral to me than the blue, purple or orange that this version also comes in. I sure wish pink or white and been an option!
- I printed off the size guide on the fitbit site to determine whether to get the small or large (I got small). It’s comfortable to wear, but the whole face of it is a bit too big for my super small wrist. I got used to it and still love it, but I wish it was a little skinnier.
I went on and on about the thing so much that Honey finally got one too – and subsequently crossed number 36 off his 40×42 list!
With that, I’m feeling like I need to get a move on. It really is obsessive, but in a good way. (I obviously drank the koolaid.)
PS. I wrote this post back in the winter but somehow never published it, hence the winter weather gear.