We spent the last week with some of our dearest friends in Mount Snow, Vermont. It was our family’s first ski trip and one of the most memorable vacations we’ve ever taken. To round out the recap of our adventures, I thought I’d share 13 things not to miss in Mount Snow!
1.Skiing – Until last Saturday, I’d never seen snow outside of Atlanta’s annual dusting much less tried snow skiing! It was hard but SO MUCH FUN!
Note: We purchased 4 day lift tickets at a deeply discounted price on Black Friday. I’m not sure if this happens every year, but it is definitely worth checking out! Lift tickets for 6 and under are only $10! That didn’t help me out but it was great for the twins.
2. Ski school – My littles attended four full days of ski school through Mount Snow. The lessons ran from 9:30-3:30 and by the end of the week they were on the double black diamonds!!! (cue terrified mom face here) Not only did the littles have a wonderful time, but it freed up Honey to ski on his own and with the other guys, me to ski with Stacey and ALL of us to meet up for lunches and apres ski. There was also time before and after lessons for Honey to ski with the boys. I took a beginner lesson my first day that helped me get fitted in the gear, and ran over the very, very basic parts of skiing. From there I relied on Honey to keep me alive :-)
Note: Book ski school early as it was sold out for most lessons / ages every day. Also, read what’s included carefully for each one as some include lift tickets and some include rentals.
3. Snowmobiling – Snowmobile Vermont tours leave right from the base of Mount Snow and offer a two hour tour through the national forest. The scenery was gorgeous and it was a great break from skiing.
4. The Waffle Cabin – Okay y’all, I kind of feel jilted that I never had a Waffle Cabin waffle until age 40 AND that I was 5 days into our trip before getting one. I tried my best to make up for lost time the rest of the week :-)
5. The Torchlight Parade and Fireworks – On select holiday weeks you can watch the ski school instructors ski down the mountain with torchlights at sunset! It’s really cool and unlike anything we’d ever seen!! They cap off the parade with fireworks over the mountain!
6. Apres ski – While my ski skills are questionable, I really honed my apres ski talent over the course of the week. Unlike my Waffle Cabin woes, I had my first 1900 Burger Bloody Mary on the first day. They are SOOOOO good!!! These were on the agenda for every subsequent day. And, the weather was SO wonderful that we were able to have most of our lunches and happy hours out on the patio on the base of the mountain.
7. Tubing – On one of our break days the littles spent the morning tubing and loved it!! There is also a giant snow mound playground type structure right here that ours thoroughly enjoyed.
Note: Check the calendar because I believe tubing is free with a lift ticket on one day each week.
8. Sledding, snowballs and good old fashioned unstructured, unplugged play time – While the adults came home, rushed to the hot tub and then parked themselves on the sofa for most of the evening, the littles had boundless energy. They played wonderfully together in the snow outside of our villa until the sun went down.
9. Grilled PB + Banana sammies at Cuzzins – Y’all…. these are SO good!! Also, Cuzzins was named #1 Apres Ski bar by USA Today in 2016!!! Pretty cool, no?!
10. Sunrises and sunsets over Mount Snow – Can you even believe this was the view from the W’s villa? It was so lovely.
11. Dinner and arcade at Last Chair – Go early and have a cocktail at the bar while the littles enjoy the arcade. The nachos with chili were a huge hit with our crew!
12. Historic Wilmington, Vermont – Take a break from skiing to walk this quintessential New England town. We loved our date night at Cask & Kiln and had a great family afternoon candlepin bowling at North Star!
13. Making memories with friends and family – This is what it’s all about right here.
This wraps up our week in Mount Snow!!! Many, many thanks to both of the W families for bringing us along on this awesome adventure!!!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED