CeeCee had her first recital last weekend with Atlanta Ballet and I was on a mission to come up with something she’d love just as much as the DIY Hello Kitty bouquet I made her last year.
After years of making things for and with boys, it sure is fun to have a little girly girl to craft for. She absolutely adores tsum tsums and is more drawn to critters than dolls. I wandered the aisles of Target considering the different tsum tsum options (tiny collectible figurines, key chains, lip smackers, etc.) but when I came across the mini plush Marie (from Aristocats) I knew she’d love it.
Here’s how I did it:
- Purchased a mixed floral bouquet from Trader Joe’s. I knew she’d love all of the colors!
- Tightly wrapped a pipe cleaner around the base of the mini plush tsum tsum, leaving a long piece of the pipe cleaner to act as a “stem” for when I put the bouquet together.
- Took the flowers apart.
- I started with the tsum tsum in the center and then I arranged the flowers from the bouquet around it. I didn’t use all of the flowers. I wanted it to be small enough for her tiny hand.
- Once I was happy with the arrangement I used another pipe cleaner to tightly hold everything together. I cut the stems down to be only about 6″ long and even on the bottom.
- I tied a thick pink ribbon around it to cover the pipe cleaner.
Sadly I wasn’t able to attend her recital because I opened my home for my neighborhood tour of homes. It was at the exact same time that her recital was starting. Sister did send me a whole bunch of pictures and Sister and Mother both said she did beautifully and was very comfortable on stage.
She came over after so I got to see her in her costume and had a little private showing of some of her dance. She’s such a precious angel and I’m so thankful to “share” her with Sister :-) I love that long after the flowers have wilted she will still have the Marie tsum tsum as a little memento of her recital.
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED