As promised, I’m back today with one of my favorite air fryer recipes and what is probably still my favorite food of all time… French Fries!!
Air Fryer French Fries
4 medium russet potatoes, washed and peeled if desired
1 T oil (I used olive oil)
Salt and/or pepper to taste, if desired
- Cut potatoes into 1/4″ thick strips, lengthwise. Thinner potatoes will crisp up faster than thicker pieces so it is important to try and cut them all the same. I did not peel mine.
- Soak in a large bowl of water for at least 30 minutes. Let drain and pat dry. Don’t skip this step! Soaking the potatoes removes some of the starch, which allows them to crisp up nicely when cooking.
- Preheat air fryer to 360.
- Mix potatoes with oil in a large bowl or zip top bag. I always think a bag is easier.
- Add potatoes to cooking basket and cook about 30 minutes. Take them out and shake them every 10 minutes.
These were SO yummy and such a good alternative to our usual mashed potatoes. I love that the air fryer doesn’t overheat the kitchen on a hot summer night as well.
Happy Friday, y’all! I hope you have a great weekend!!
Philips XL Air Fryer
affiliate links used
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED