Daddy O’s Blushing Mimosa has become a regular at our family celebrations. He last treated us to them at Easter and I finally pinned him down on the recipe and, as usual, he included a bunch of helpful notes.
- 1 oz Orange Juice
- 1 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 oz Grenadine
- 4 oz Sparkling Wine or Champagne
- Fruit to garnish (oranges, cherries, strawberries and/or raspberries)
Combine first three ingredients in a champagne glass and stir. Top off with champagne. Garnish.
Mimosas for a Crowd
We mix a “batch” in a nice pitcher. 1 to 2 Cups OJ, 1 to 2 Cups PJ, 1/2 to 1 Cup Grenadine.When ready to serve, pour 2-1/2 oz (or as much/little as desired) “mix” in glass and add 4oz Prosecco. We make the “mix” ahead of time and chill well before serving. NO ICE!
To slice, cut a whole orange in slices across orange, starting at the stem end. Discard very end slices. Stack slices and then cut in half. Makes for a nice garnish. Also, garnish with a couple of cherries, strawberries, or raspberries. I like to thread them together on a cocktail pick.
- BarSmith Grenadine (Publix)
- Lamarca Prosecco (Publix)
- Lakewood Pineapple Juice, Organic, Not From Concentrate (Publix)
- Orange Juice, Not From Concentrate (Publix, Organic/Not Organic, Any Brand, Including Publix)
- We really like Fresh Market’s Fresh Squeezed OJ, but it is EXPENSIVE and not easy for us to get to Fresh Market
I hope y’all enjoy these as much as we do. Cheers!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED