A step inside Hollywood Brown Derby in Disney’s Hollywood Studios is to travel back in time to the Golden Age of Hollywood. This signature dining location inside of Hollywood Studios theme parks is one of our favorites! I don’t think we haven’t been on any trip in recent memory.
This authentic replica of the famous Brown Derby, a Tinseltown landmark steeped in glamour and glitz, has walls are adorned with caricatures of famous faces. Inside you feel a world away from the theme park. While kids are certainly welcome at Hollywood Brown Derby, we find this an excellent choice for dinner without the little ones in tow.
Hollywood Brown Derby Dining Room
There are quite a few signature items on the menu. My personal favorite is the Cobb Salad – following the recipe created by Bob Cobb who owned the historic California Brown Derby! It is sensational with a cold glass of sauvignon blanc. Honey is partial to the pho and always orders that inside. Other items they are known for are the cioppino, filet and Grapefruit Cake (which I also LOVE)!
If you go:
- This is a signature dining location and requires 2 credits from the Disney Dining Plan.
- Reservations are not extremely hard to get and I almost always find availability. That being said, you definitely want to make an advance reservation.
- There is a Fantasmic! dining package option during lunch times at Hollywood Brown Derby. It takes the same 2 credits from the dining plan so I almost always book it this way for my clients.
Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge Patio
While we do love dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby, we find ourselves with a more casual meal on the patio more often than not! I absolutely love scoring a walk up spot on ANY park day. My “usual” order is the margarita trio and cobb salad. Honey likes to get the sliders here, and Sister recently ordered the shrimp and grits which was divine.
If you go:
- The patio is small and first come first serve. You cannot make a reservation to eat here.
- Check in on the bar side with the bar tender first. Do not just take a seat.
- The patio does not participate in the Disney Dining Plan.
- Children are welcome here, as well as inside, but most of the tables are bar height.
- I recommend heading to the patio when they open. You can check the hours on the sign outside in the morning to be sure. While it usually opens around noon, Sister and I were dining on the meal above at 10:30 AM last month. We got to the park at 5:30 AM so we were ready for lunch after 5 hours of rides. Haha! :-)
Now, as for the rest of your “adult” day in Hollywood Studios, start your day with coffee in the Trolley Car Cafe and a carrot cake cookie (why not?). Be sure to hit Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster. Stroll through the Launch Bay and visit with galactic friends. (Do not do the Disney Jr. Dance Party like I made Sister do in the name of research.) Head to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge for the ride, exploring and Oga’s Cantina. End your day sipping, noshing and people watching at Baseline Tap.
Sister and I are back row left side. This was one of my favorite moments of our trip together.
I am so excited to be headed back with my family soon! This week I’ll be working double time to get all of my work done. It’s 5:57 PM and I’m still barely dressed sitting in the same chair in the same kitchen messy from breakfast where Honey left me at 8:45 AM. Ha!
As Premier Level Advisor with Glass Slipper Concierge, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I offer concierge travel planning for Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland® Resort, Disney Aulani Hawaii, Universal, Sea World and to over 40 countries on 7 continents through Adventures by Disney® and National Geographic Expeditions.
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED