UPDATED FEBRUARY 2021
You can now live your adventure in a galaxy far, far away! This post details ALL of the Star Wars experiences to be found in Hollywood Studios.
Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
On the edge of the galaxy, between the Unknown Regions and Wild Space, there is a long-forgotten planet named Batuu.
At the planet of Batuu you’ll be immersed in the alluring offerings of a mysterious outpost and thriving port. It’s a haven for scoundrels, rouges and smuggler sand you are bound to bump into someone you recognize.
Batuu’s largest village is a settlement known as Black Spire Outpost, which has become a thriving destination for those who would prefer to go about their business unnoticed—scoundrels, rogues, smugglers and, recently, whispers in the woods reporting sightings of individuals associated with the Resistance. The modern village is built on the remains of crumbling structures built by a long-extinct civilization.
Now you are invited to visit this beautiful and treacherous village of secrets, built upon secrets.
Meander through the market for all sorts of unique and inspired merchandise:
- Discover and can adopt exotic creatures and critters from around the galaxy at the Creature Stall.
- Toydarian Toymaker is a whimsical workshop filled with handcrafted toys.
- You will find apparel at Black Spire Outfitters, and exclusive items from Batuu at Jewels of Bith.
Black Spire Outpost
Black Spire Outpost has some of Batuu’s most unique finds and shopping experiences:
- Pick up supplies to aid your next mission in the fight against the First Order at Resistance Supply.
- It is worth the wait in line to explore Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities. This spot is part museum and part shop and a must for Star Wars fanatics. Inside you will find unique galactic artifacts and Dok-Ondar, the legendary antiquities dealer, himself. For travelers looking for the elusive crystals to turn your lightsabers, those are located here.
- Savi’s Workshop is one of Batuu’s most coveted shopping experiences. Under the guidance of the Gatherers, who help continue the traditions of the Force, you will customize your own unique lightsaber. The price tag is about $200 each and includes one lightsaber builder and one bystander. Reservations are necessary and can be booked 180 days in advance.
- Droid Depot is Batuu’s other extremely popular shopping experience. Here you will customize, assemble and activate your own astromech unit. In the shop you can purchase chips for additional functionality. The cost to build a droid is $100 and includes one builder and one bystander. Reservations are necessary and can be booked 180 days in advance. If you wish to just visit the shop, head straight to the entrance to bypass the line waiting for spots to build a droid. FULL REVIEW
- Proclaim your allegiance to the First Order and shop for recruitment gear inside First Order Cargo.
Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge will features two attractions.
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
At this attraction you will fly the Millennium Falcon on a thrilling interactive smuggling mission! Travelers make their way through an impressive queue to be assigned a role in the mission. Each mission is designed for 6 guests, with the first two being pilots, the middle two gunners and the last two engineers. Once inside the Millennium Falcon, the pilots drive the ship while the gunners shoot on command the the engineers work to repair the ship.
- There is a minimum height requirement of 38″.
- Disney’s VIP Tour Guides DO have expedited access to this attraction!
- The ride is immensely more engaging for the pilots than for the gunners and definitely compared to the engineers.
- There is a single rider line when designated by a sign to the left of the stand-by wait time sign. Sister and I did this option twice on opening day. If you choose this option, you will miss the entire queue and wait in a plain hallway. You will have no chance of getting pilot and it is unlikely you will be a gunner, based on how the fill each mission first with those in the stand-by line and then with a couple from the single rider line. You will be split up from your party so definitely consider this before entering the single rider line with children. It is likely they will ride alone with 5 strangers.
- If you suffer from motion sickness or do not enjoy rides with screens, you may wish to watch a youtube video of the actual ride itself before deciding to go.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
Hidden in the forest outside Black Spire Outpost, the Resistance is gathering recruits for a secret mission. With the First Order desperate to extinguish the spark of the Resistance, the mission is bound to have unexpected twists and turns. When your transport is captured by an imposing First Order Star Destroyer filled with legions of stormtroopers—and even Kylo Ren!—you’re going to need all the help you can get. Fortunately, a covert team of Resistance fighters—including Rey and BB-8—is at the ready to give you a fighting chance to escape… and a chance for the Resistance to rise.
See this post for tips & tricks and Boarding Group information:
Be sure to look for epic photo spots with some of the most iconic ships in the background! We loved getting this special photo with the Day One border! The PhotoPass photographers load the pictures to your Disney account in a snap.
Food & Beverage
You will not find any popcorn carts or Mickey Bars in Batuu! It is total immersion in the galactic life once inside…
Kat Saka’s Kettle features a sweet and savory popcorn snack. Be sure to check the flavors or ask for a sample because this is not your standard popcorn stand. (Although regular popcorn is now available.) This Mouse Droid is all the rage with Star Wars fans!
Ronto Roasters offers grilled sausage and pork wraps for a quick serve meal. They also have sweet and spicy jerky options for a unique snack. Sister and I tried both before carrying them home to our kids as a treat from our trip. Everyone enjoyed it!
Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo is the quick serve restaurant in Galaxy’s Edge. The decor is fantastic and the food was great. I absolutely recommend dining here while in Galaxy’s Edge for a full, immersive experience. FULL REVIEW
Be sure to look for the Coca-Cola cart for these amazing Cokes, Diet Cokes, Sprites and Dasanis!
Black Spire Outpost
Oga’s Cantina is a tucked away spot to sip on local beverages for both young ones and adults. Inside, bounty hunters, smugglers, rogue traders, and weary travelers of all ages come together to refuel, enjoy music, and conduct meetings—no questions asked. With an expansive menu of exotic concoctions for young ones and adults, the cantina is a welcome rest stop before your crew’s next galactic journey. We spent our evening here and it was a wonderful and memorable way to cap off our visit to Batuu! If you can score a reservation or walk-up spot, I absolutely, positively recommend going. FULL REVIEW
Quench your thirst with the most iconic drink in the galaxy! The Milk Stand was the longest line we waited in on opening day, but it was worth it to try it! We both ordered Blue Milk and polished it off. It is cold, slushy and not too creamy to make you feel full or ill on a scorching day. I can’t put my finger on the taste – it wasn’t bad, but it’s not something I am dying to get again or recreate at home.
Play Disney Parks Interactive Adventures
Download the Play Disney Parks app to explore Black Spire Outpost and take your experience to the next level!
Other Star Wars Experiences in Hollywood Studios
Star Wars Launch Bay – Not Available
Star Wars Launch Bay is location in Animation Courtyard. Inside are three key areas:
- Launch Bay Theater is home to exhibits, movie props and screen videos about the Star Wars universe.
- Launch Bay Cargo sells Skywalker Wine and Star Wars merchandise.
- Character meet and greets inside the Launch Bay include BB-8, Chewbacca and Darth Vader. There are no FastPasses for these and these are the only places for formal Star Wars meets in Disney World. That being said, wait times are usually manageable.
Star Tours Attraction
On this popular ride, you make the jump into hyperspace in a 3D motion-simulated space flight. If you have trouble with motion sickness, this ride may not be for you.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple – Not Available
This wildly popular stage show has Younglings train in the ways of the Force and then puts their skills to the test against the dark side! The experience is available to guests ages 4-12 on a first come, first serve basis. It is complimentary and included with Hollywood Studios admission. See my detailed blog post for more!
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular – Not Available
Cap off your galactic day and celebrate the saga as iconic movie moments unfold all around you in an epic Star Wars fireworks extravaganza. The show occurs nightly and is projected on the Chinese Theater. Arrive about 1 hour early to secure as unobstructed view as possible facing the theater.
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party is offered at times and, if you can get it, do it!! This is one of our top dessert party experiences at Disney World. Read a full review here:
Food & Beverage
There are a few galactic inspired snacks to be found outside of Batuu, if you know where to look:
- Find Lightsaber Churros at snack carts throughout the park
- Two Suns of Tattoine Hummus is available at Backlot Express
- Sip on a Galaxy Margarita, found at outdoor bars throughout the park, while soaking up the sights and scenes of Hollywood Studios
- Enjoy A Galaxy Far, Far Away Espresso Mousse from ABC Commissary and PizzeRizzo
If you’re looking for your own custom designed Star Wars day, send me an email as this is a common request from my clients. I don’t just plan Disney vacations, I visit these parks over and over again to ensure my clients have the most current insights and touring plans. It is my dream job!
As Premier Level Advisor with Glass Slipper Concierge, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I offer concierge travel planning for Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland® Resort, Disney Aulani Hawaii, Universal, Sea World and to over 40 countries on 7 continents through Adventures by Disney® and National Geographic Expeditions.
Learn More About My Services
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED
2 thoughts on “A Complete Traveler’s Guide to Star Wars in Disney’s Hollywood Studios”
ahh lovee your blog post reviews for disney!! just got back from galaxy edge and i was trying to remember all the places i saw on your instagram stories! haha!! i definitely plan on going back to all the other stuff you recommended!! hopefully for Dec 5 when the other ride is finally open! thank you for always having such detailed and helpful posts for disney and traveling!! also your space inspired nail polish is fabulous!! <3
Fun! I’m glad it was useful for you!!