Since we didn’t have a Sunday Supper this week with leftovers and family outings on both sides pretty much all week long, I thought I’d share a great Sunday Breakfast to tuck away for this busy holiday season.
John absolutely LOVES cinnamon rolls so, short on time on his actual birthday, I thought I’d make him Monkey Bread for a change. Well, suffice it to say this just might have trumped cinnamon rolls and it is so much easier to boot.
Cinnamon Monkey Bread
Important note: Plan to start this the night before and wake up to the easiest breakfast prep ever!
- 1 package Bridgford Parkerhouse Style Rolls dough (freezer)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional, I don’t use)
- Lightly grease a 10-12 cup fluted tube pan.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, nuts and cinnamon. Set aside. Dip each piece of dough in melted butter and roll in sugar mixture. Make sure that the dough is coated generously with sugar mixture.
- Place each piece of dough evenly in pan.
- Cover and put in the fridge over night to let the dough rise until double in size.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30-40 minutes. The bread should be well-browned and sound hollow when tapped on top. Remove from oven and turn out of pan immediately.
Be sure to turn it out on a plate with a rim and over a counter. This is not a good dish for a cake plate, as the gooey cinnamon and butter mixture will run out everywhere.
I intended to put candles in it but the man of the hour could not wait one moment longer for me to locate them. :-) At least it made it to the birthday plate.
This is the same dough I use for my delicious Honey Butter Rolls:
It’s back to school and schedules tomorrow after a long, lazy week off! We’ve already got our three week countdown going to Christmas break!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED