I have had SO many questions about how I made the big heads for Whit’s 5th grade parade. They were incredibly easy to DIY and cost just $9 a piece.
Big Heads DIY Supply List
- 16×20 poster size prints, zoomed in on the head – I purchased online at Walgreens for same day pick up using a 50% off code to make each one $8
- Foam board – I purchased from Dollar Tree; I got 2 heads out of each piece of foam board
- Glue stick
Big Heads DIY Instructions
Upload your photos to your printing service (Walgreens). Make sure you zoom in on the head to make it as big as possible in the frame. I learned that there is no reason to remove the background from your photo.
Cut out the head. This is why it isn’t necessary to remove the background. You will just cut it off anyway!
Lay your cut out head on the foam board. Trace around it. It doesn’t need to be perfect.
Cut out the foam board head. Cut just inside of the line you drew so that the photo head is a smidge larger than the foam board head.
Use copious amounts of glue on the foam board to completely cover it – all the way to the edge.
Press the photo onto the glued foam board.
DIY Custom Big Heads Video
If you want to see a video version of how I made these, go over to my instagram. On a smart phone, click on my dixiedelights profile. There will be circles right under the description. Click on the create circle (blue with white writing.) Tap through the videos until you get to the Big Heads!
We had so much fun with these and they were a huge hit with the teachers and staff at the parade! I tucked them away in Whit’s closet for future use. :-)
L E T ‘ S T R A V E L
The world is reopening!! Now is the time to start planning and give your family something to look forward to. All deposits are FULLY refundable and you can book with confidence knowing I handle every single details of your trip.
Walt Disney World
– Reopened July 11 with low crowds and impressive safety measures!
– Now booking for arrivals today through September 2021
– Reopening TBD
– Have your info added to my interest list for travel through 2021
– Reopened June 5 with low crowds, hardly any restrictions on experiences and safety protocols in place!
– Now booking for arrivals today through 2021
Disney Cruise Line
– Now booking for itineraries August 2020 through December 2021 with a cruise with confidence flexible booking policy in place!
Aulani Disney Hawaii
– Reopening TBD
– Save up to 35% on stays August 1 – December 22, 2020!
– Now booking for arrivals through 2021
The Rest of the World (literally!)
– Now booking Adventures by Disney through March 2022 with discount (family & adult exclusive dates) and FULLY refundable deposits
– USA and international tours available
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED