Today we are wising Daddy-O a very happy Father’s Day! We are so thankful we got to see him and celebrate with him last week in Savannah. I will always be grateful for the hands-on role he played in raising us. He wasn’t easy on us, but I certainly never doubted that he loved us. My fondest memories of him are when he would come visit me solo at Georgia Tech before Sister came two years later. I adore all of his quirks – his supersonic yet selective hearing, his affinity for zip lock bags, his stashes of things like coins and batteries. I admire his ability to nap in the middle of the day and love his huge heart for people in need. I have always been proud to be his daughter and wanted to be just like him in that he’s never met a stranger.
We are also celebrating the patient, steadfast, coaster riding, race running, puppy loving, expert video gaming, sky diving, go-along-with-the-crazy man we call Honey. I am thankful for him – as a husband, father and friend – every single day. He’s raising our boys with a strong sense of integrity and a heart full of love. Honey has been our rock and voice of reason over the last few months, and has worked harder than ever caring for us and loving us.
While Honey spent the last five Father’s Days on the lacrosse and/or baseball field, he enjoyed sleeping in this year. We started our day with his breakfast of choice – Trader Joe’s almond croissants. They also come in chocolate and both are delicious. I keep them on hand in the freezer for special days, just like today. You simply thaw them on the counter overnight and bake in the morning!
As far as the rest of the day, we did a whole lot of nothing. Honey’s one request was to return to in person mass tonight! And, it felt SO good. I had to hide my tears of overwhelming thankfulness to be back, especially when we sang His Eye Is on the Sparrow which is one of my all time favorite hymns. We most recently heard it performed at Preservation Hall in New Orleans, which was absolutely breathtaking. (My other favorite is Be God’s Lyrics.)
Many of my friends – and my own husband – are celebrating their dads in Heaven today. I have read so many beautiful tributes to these great men on social media today. Know that I am thinking of you…
Happy Father’s Day!
L E T ‘ S T R A V E L
The world is reopening!! Now is the time to start planning and give your family something to look forward to. All deposits are FULLY refundable and you can book with confidence knowing I handle every single details of your trip.
Walt Disney World
– Reopened July 11 with low crowds and impressive safety measures!
– Now booking for arrivals today through September 2021
– Fantastic discounts 9/4 – 12/24/20
– Reopening TBD
– Have your info added to my interest list for travel through 2021
– Reopened June 5 with low crowds, hardly any restrictions on experiences and safety protocols in place!
– Now booking for arrivals today through 2021
Disney Cruise Line
– Now booking for itineraries August 2020 through December 2021 with a cruise with confidence flexible booking policy in place!
Aulani Disney Hawaii
– Reopening TBD
– Save up to 35% on stays August 1 – December 22, 2020!
– Now booking for arrivals through 2021
The Rest of the World (literally!)
– Now booking Adventures by Disney through March 2022 with discount (family & adult exclusive dates) and FULLY refundable deposits
– USA and international tours available
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED