A while back I posted a photo on Instagram about washing my sofa cushions. It generated SO many questions and so much commentary that I meant to share here as well. I lost sight of that intention until Elsa decided to do some digging outside before lounging on my sofa this week. Hence, it is already time to clean them again.
Prior to sharing my process for cleaning the sofa cushions, “taught” to me by my mom, I never considered there were other ways to do it or that our way was not the norm.
My sofa covers zip off. I clean them in the washing machine with regular detergent on a regular cycle with cold water.
If there is a stain or if I’m washing because of a specific incident (I’m looking at you Elsa!), I use 409 carpet cleaner. I let it sit for a while before working it into the fabric.
When finished, I don’t dry them. I simply zip them back on and smooth them out. I stand them up on their sides to dry, where I typically leave them for the rest of the day. While they are drying, I take this opportunity to vacuum out underneath where they usually sit. It is disgusting every.single.time. And we don’t even eat in the den!
All of this begs the question… how do YOU clean your sofa cushions?!
L E T ‘ S T R A V E L
The world is reopening!! Now is the time to start planning and give your family something to look forward to. All deposits are FULLY refundable and you can book with confidence knowing I handle every single details of your trip.
Walt Disney World
– Reopened July 11 with low crowds and impressive safety measures!
– Now booking for arrivals today through September 2021
– Fantastic discounts 9/4 – 12/24/20
– Reopening TBD
– Have your info added to my interest list for travel through 2021
– Reopened June 5 with low crowds, hardly any restrictions on experiences and safety protocols in place!
– Now booking for arrivals today through 2021
Disney Cruise Line
– Now booking for itineraries August 2020 through December 2021 with a cruise with confidence flexible booking policy in place!
Aulani Disney Hawaii
– Reopening TBD
– Save up to 35% on stays August 1 – December 22, 2020!
– Now booking for arrivals through 2021
The Rest of the World (literally!)
– Now booking Adventures by Disney through March 2022 with discount (family & adult exclusive dates) and FULLY refundable deposits
– USA and international tours available
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED