I am so excited to share new details and thoughts on the Private VIP Tour at the Walt Disney World Resort today. Along with Sister’s family, we enjoyed the “2020” version of the VIP Tour a few weeks ago and had an absolutely incredible time.
Private Disney VIP Tour
With the help of your own VIP Tour Guide, you can maximize your fun with minimal fuss for the Disney vacation of a lifetime! Your guide and I will plan the most efficient, enjoyable way for groups up to 10 guests to see and do all that’s on your list. With door-to-door private transportation from your resort, expedited entry to attractions, and being the ONLY way to visit multiple parks in one day, you’ll spend less time waiting and more time soaking up the magic of Walt Disney World. You will experience unparalleled hospitality at one or more theme parks, ride your favorite attractions, and learn so much about the magic and often unnoticed details in the Disney parks with your very own guide. Rates run $400-450 per hour (7 hour minimum; $500-600 during peak seasons) for up to 10 guests.
See what I shared with Glass Slipper Concierge clients on the company Facebook page after our tour:
A Great Start
I meticulously plan every day of your itinerary, and the VIP tour day is no different! Ours started by sleeping in (there’s no rush to beat crowds!) and a hearty, relaxed breakfast at the Riviera Resort.
Disney Private VIP Transportation
At precisely 9:30 AM we were walking out of the Riviera Resort with our guide, Homer. We had our temperature check right there at the resort and were off to start the day. Homer loaded us up into his van (SUV for smaller groups) and we were at the back entrance of Hollywood Studios in a blink. There were no lines to wait in at a gate or back-ups at security. Rather, we waltzed right in to Hollywood Boulevard in a few quick steps from his off-stage parking spot.
A Star Studded Morning in Hollywood Studios
Hollywood Studios has been the most “crowded”, often “sold out” park with the longest wait times. I mean, you have ALL of the brand new things here, including Toy Story Land, Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge and Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. It does make sense.
The thrill seekers in our group had already gotten ON and OFF of Rock n Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror before the park even officially opened at 10AM! That’s one thing we loved about our tour, especially with so many ages in our group of 8 – everyone didn’t have to do everything. Homer took all interested individuals on to the front of the line, while the others had a cold drink in the shade.
We were off to Toy Story Land next and did all three attractions in no time flat: Alien Swirling Saucers, Slinky Dog Dash and Toy Story Mania. Homer had ice cold waters waiting on us at the exit of our last ride.
We hit Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge next for Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run. We spit into two ride vehicles so we had 4 pilots and 4 gunners in our group of 8.
We ended our stint in Hollywood with the brand new headliner, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway!
Whit even lost his phone on a ride and Homer was able to retrieve in minutes, turning what would have been an extremely stressful, time consuming endeavor into just a blip on our fantastic day!
In just two hours, what we accomplished is unheard of and impossible to do on your own!
Perfect Pandora in Animal Kingdom
Homer took us out the way we came and whisked us off to Animal Kingdom. Since we only had the Pandora attractions on our list for this park, he delivered us to the backstage door of that land! For Disney nerds, and even most regular guests, getting to see these areas is a treat in and of itself.
Your guide also serves as a fabulous photographer during your tour! The guides previously used the guest’s phone, but now they use their own and airdrop the photos.
Homer had us order lunch while in transit, so by the time we arrived it was ready and waiting. We enjoyed a leisurely and delicious meal at our collective favorite, Satu’lu Canteen. One change was that Homer was not able to join us for lunch or on rides.
After lunch we walked right on Flight of Passage and Navi River Journey!
In another astounding accomplishment, we had lunch, enjoyed Night Blossoms and did both Pandora rides in 1 hour and 20 minutes!
Magic Kingdom Mountains
We wrapped up our VIP Tour in Magic Kingdom! Once again, Homer parked steps away from this magical part of the park. These guides are all SO fantastic with kids, adults and families. They are fun, informative, professional, knowledgeable… the list goes on.
We hit all of the headliners in Magic Kingdom, including Space Mountain, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain.
We also caught all THREE Halloween character cavalcades!
And, of course, posed for the obligatory castle photos!
In under two hours, we did the four park headliners, stopped for multiple snacks and drinks, took photos and watched the duration of all three Halloween cavalcades!
Back at the Riviera Resort
When we finished up in Magic Kingdom, we headed back to our van. Homer delivered us right to the front of the Riviera Resort, skipping that exhausted walk to the bus and ride home!
The kids retreated to our room, with John in charge, while the adults enjoyed a cocktail at Bar Riva and marveled over our day.
On Our Own In Epcot
Before leaving us, Homer set us up to be able to enter Epcot on our own later in the evening. We took the Skyliner right over and entered in the World Showcase.
We had a delicious dinner at Via Napoli to round out our FOURTH park in ONE day!!!
It was such an incredible time.
Private VIP Tour Tips and Thoughts
I work with all interested clients to incorporate a Private VIP Tour into their schedule and help outline the optimal start and end times, as well as must-dos to share with their guide. I also help hand pick a guide that will best suit their needs! Even with low capacity, there are SO many benefits to splurging on a VIP tour day.
- Private VIP Tours are expensive, but they are the ultimate in experiencing luxury Disney World.
- Each VIP guide can take up to 10 people in a group. If you are unsure of the price, consider sharing a guide between two families with similar interests. I always recommend it for extended families, clients short on time and those that hate to wait in lines, special milestone celebrations, bachelorette groups, reunion groups, or RunDisney race weekend groups!
- Park hopping is not available until further notice and using a VIP guide is the ONLY way to visit multiple parks in one day. This is a huge perk!
- The clock keeps running while you dine and I will ensure you maximize your time with the guide.
- Guides are using the old FastPass lines to skip the waits.
- Our group did not race to accomplish all of this. We had multiple snack and drink breaks and enjoyed the sights and scenes of the parks.
- Using a Private VIP Tour guide is ideal for families with limited time in the parks. You can cover the same ground in 1 day of a VIP tour as in 2-3 on your own.
- A Private VIP Tour guide is also a great option for securing access to sold out parks.
- A huge benefit of the guide is the transportation and back stage park entrances. Without the guide, we would have spent approximately five hours just on transportation to, from and between the parks!
- Park tickets are not included in the cost of the VIP tour.
- If you are a Disney fanatic, the guides not only get you on the rides, but they share the history, little known facts, and extra magical tips and tricks as you move through the parks. This was one of my favorite parts of the tour! It was almost like a Keys to the Kingdom Tour that crosses parks with every ride you want to do thrown in.
- These tours do fill up and I recommend booking them in advance. Right now, there are a very limited number of tours available each day.
I have received glowing feedback from my clients that have added a Private VIP Tour to their Walt Disney World vacation. It is truly the best Disney day ever!
Let’s Travel & My Services
I enjoyed hearing from so many of you on Instagram over the course of my trips… those ready to book a new trip, those that had decided to go on trips already booked and those that aren’t ready to travel but enjoyed having a little magic in their feed.
I missed my job so, so much over the closure and am thrilled to be back in the business of making magic! Most aspects of planning a Disney vacation look different and now, more than ever, it is crucial to have the most current, up to date information based on personal experience to plan your vacation! I know these parks inside and out and am a small, one woman show. I hope that my love and passion for Disney shows through in every photo, video and post.
When the time is right for your family to travel, I’d be honored to be YOUR advisor. Magic is here!
As Premier Level Advisor with Glass Slipper Concierge, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I offer concierge travel planning for Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland® Resort, Disney Aulani Hawaii, Universal, Sea World and to over 40 countries on 7 continents through Adventures by Disney® and National Geographic Expeditions.
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED