I usually post a Sunday Supper, but this one can count for breakfast OR supper! To be honest, I wasn’t really sure how this one would go over. All worries aside, it was a “smashing” hit! :-) We had it again for supper a few nights later, in fact. It’s quick, cheap and hearty – three hallmarks of a good meal when feeding a bunch of hungry males.
Smashed Eggs on Toast
Inspired by recipe in Modern Comfort Food
*Lately I’ve been simplifying her recipes
- 8 eggs
- 8 slices thick white bread
- 4 T. butter
- 4 tsp. whole grain mustard
- 4 tsp. fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- Soft boil your 8 eggs. If using a pot, cook for 6.5 minutes exactly. If using the Dash egg cooker, follow those directions.
- Meanwhile, toast your bread. Spread with butter and then a little mustard.
- Peel eggs and place one on each slice of toast. Chop the eggs roughly without cutting into the bread. Sprinkle with dill, salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Rapid Egg Cooker
Last year I shared this little egg cooker, and it continues to be a daily appliance around here. It has to be among the best $15 (it’s now $20) I spent in the past year! I used it to make my soft boiled eggs for the smashed eggs on toast. You can go back and read my post where I proclaimed my love, if you’d like!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED