The PCP’s teacher asked me if I was interested in pulling together a little St. Patrick’s Day treat for the class. And while I thought I just couldn’t add one more thing to my plate right now, I ended up saying YES! (Thanks to a sleepless night that left my mind running rampant with ideas.) Treats and celebrations are my jam, after all. Not to mention, I don’t know how many more years I have left of teachers that WANT to do things like this.
I’m going to be totally upfront and say that the three I finished for this picture are the only three I’ve done. I’m going to have some help from Mother this weekend so I figure it will be a whole lot more fun to knock it out together. (Get EXCITED, Marme!)
One requirement was that I wanted this endeavor to be as cost effective as possible, and I was pretty happy when the grand total came in at $10. Here’s what you’ll need:
– Pretzel bags – Michael’s – $2 for 20 – I hunted high and low for smaller skinnier bags to no avail. You will have to fold the extra bag back and tape it if you end up going with these.
– Rolo’s – Dollar Tree – $1 for bag of 14
– Gumballs – Dollar Tree – $1 for bag – I’m getting about 9 out of a bag using gumballs in 6 different colors. There are extra gumballs left over in each bag. I almost went with the a la cart wrapped gumballs at Party City (about 15 for $1) so that they would fit in my pretzel bags better, but since I already had the smaller gumballs from Dollar Tree I resisted the temptation.
– Rainbow ribbon – Michael’s – $3 with coupon
– “Lucky to have you in my class” printable tag >>> Lucky to have you
When he came home from school and broke out into a strange celebratory dance when he saw this in the works, I knew then and there that I made the right call by saying YES! I’m LUCKY to have him as my kid.