The end of winter break is upon us and the littles are headed back to school. I thought it perfect timing for a School Night Supper recipe!!
I adore a one pot meal. And I abhor a recipe that claims a “one pot” status and ends up being cooked in fourteen. Seriously, almost all of them do that! But this one is SO tasty, takes only 30 minutes, cooks in ONE pot and makes enough for leftovers for days!
One Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups uncooked elbows pasta
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in pasta, salsa, chicken broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
- Stir in tomato, corn and black beans, and gently toss to combine. Stir in cheese until melted through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, topped with avocado and cilantro.
After just one go at it, this one made it on to the short list of favorites!