I have been working really hard behind the scenes here to get a little video series up and running on the blog! It will be called Daily Delight, and each of the videos will be inspired by small things that bring delight to my day. Like the blog, topics will range from home decor to fab finds to simply having fun with the littles.
I’m kicking off Daily Delight with a how-to on arranging flowers. This is something I’ve wanted to write about for a long time, but it seemed a daunting task. And while talking on a video camera is not my favorite thing in the world, it sure does make the explanation easier.
Here are a few tips from a novice to go along with the video:
- Consider using just one color or shade of flowers until you get comfortable.
- Choose three different things for each arrangement: 1. a large statement flower (hydrangea, rose, daisy, etc.) 2. a smaller accent flower 3. greenery (I love the eucalyptous bunch at Trader Joes).
- Trader Joes, Fresh Market, Whole Foods and Costco all have great variety at good prices.
- Work with a small container and do multiple arrangements rather than one large one.
- Change the water every 1-2 days.
Here’s a peek at the arrangement I made on the video. (And a peek at the powder room to boot!!)
And that’s it! I truly hope that you enjoyed my first go at a video blog (known as vlog in blog-land). Look for more every few weeks and please let me know if there are any topics that you’d like me to cover!!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED