I realize that I am kind of alone here in my inability to make a pancake. But, after nearly TWO years of trying more recipes, methods and techniques than I can count, I’ve finally mastered the art of pancake making!!
I tried a ton of boxed mixes and home made recipes in my quest, and finally settled on a super easy recipe that I am sure you will find all of the ingredients for in your pantry already.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- cooking spray
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. I do this first so that it is nice and hot!
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into “soured” milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
It sounds almost silly to be so excited about this, but I LOVE being able to get up on Saturday mornings and enjoy a full blown breakfast with my peeps. The littles rave about it so I’m feeling like a pretty accomplished mom :-)
Not to mention, this marks another one off the 40×41 bucket list!!! I’ve got under two months to finish it up!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED