Well, we’ve made it to another Friday, friends! I am excited to share the darling Honey + Hank brand with you today, along with one of my favorite summer dessert recipes. These two things have a quintessential summer theme in common – sweet Georgia peaches!
Honey + Hank
Honey + Hank makes a darling and one of a kind assortment of pillows, napkins and tea towels. They were super sweet to send me a Georgia pillow and tea towel, which I will share soon and I purchased a set of napkins on my own!
We launched HONEY + HANK to celebrate the places and pastimes that make us all tick. We’ve woven them (in some cases, quite literally) into every single piece and, if you look closely enough, we hope you find something that makes you giddy, too.
The nursery rhyme and pastimes lines are both fantastic, but it was the stateside collection that had me at hello! For select states, you will find the most creative designs with the actual outline of each state woven into the prints. Think Tennessee guitars, North Carolina dogwood, Louisiana crawfish and Texas longhorns.
I fell in love with the Georgia peach napkins and knew I’d use them all summer. Look closely and you’ll see that the top left and right sides of the peach are made from the outline of the state of Georgia!
There are a number of states available in the napkins. I especially love the New York apple, Maryland crab, Kentucky horse and Alabama shrimp.
Aside from the specific state patterns, I also LOVE the fifty states leopard print and the fifty states hydrangea! The leopard in this blue colorway is definitely on my home wish list!
Sweet Georgia Peach Pie
I know peaches typically show up in cobblers down South, but I just love a pie! I think this recipe is extra special because it’s only delicious when ripe juicy peaches are in season! It’s not something I can make just any day.
- Double pie crust (homemade or Pillsbury refrigerated crust, I use Pillsbury)
- 2.5 lbs peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 3 T cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400. Following the package directions, fit the bottom crust into your 9″ pie pan.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the peaches, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, and spices. Gently toss in with the peaches.
- Pour into your pie crust. Use a fluted wheel to cut your second pie crust into strips and form a lattice top crust. Fold under the ends to make a neat crust. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Place the pie pan on a large baking sheet in the lower 1/3 of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temp to 350 and bake for 45 minutes until crust is golden and filling is bubbling. Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temp with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
Napkins: Honey + Hank
Plates: Ballard Designs
Pie plate: Williams Sonoma
I have a whole peach inspired supper to share AND a Happy Hour inspired by my Honey + Hank Georgia pillow and tea towel!
I took the boys to the dentist this morning and we are headed back to Savannah in the morning. Yippeeee!
L E T ‘ S T R A V E L
The world is reopening!! Now is the time to start planning and give your family something to look forward to. All deposits are FULLY refundable and you can book with confidence knowing I handle every single details of your trip.
Walt Disney World
– Reopens July 11!
– Now booking for 2021 travel
– Interest list for 2020 travel for if/when Disney accepts new bookings
– Reopening TBD
– Have your info added to my interest list for travel through 2021
– Reopened June 5 with low crowds, hardly any restrictions on experiences and safety protocols in place!
– Now booking for arrivals today through 2021
Aulani Disney Hawaii
– Reopening TBD
– Save up to 35% on stays August 1 – December 22, 2020!
– Now booking for arrivals through 2021
The Rest of the World (literally!)
– Now booking Adventures by Disney through March 2022 with discount (family & adult exclusive dates) and FULLY refundable deposits
– USA and international tours available
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED