We’ve made it to the weekend and I’ve got another cocktail to share with y’all. I tell you what, I’ve loved this series as an excuse to research and make a fun cocktail once a week. Somewhere along the way I picked up a bottle of grapefruit juice and when I found it in the pantry this week my cocktail of the week was a no-brainer.
Pink Grapefruit Margaritas
From Barefoot Contessa How Easy Is That
Yield: 6 drinks
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (4 limes)
- 1 cup orange liqueur, such a Triple Sec
- 3 cups ice
- 1 cup white tequila
- Lime to garnish and salt to rim*
- If you like a salt rim on the glasses, rub the lime around the edge of the glass and then dip the rim of each glass lightly in a plate of kosher salt. Set aside to dry.*
- Combine the grapefruit juice, lime juice, orange liqueur, and ice in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a large pitcher and stir in the tequila. If you’re not serving the margaritas in salted glasses, stir 1/4 teaspoon of salt into the pitcher of margaritas. Believe me, it will make a difference!
- Serve ice cold.
*My friend Anna serves her margaritas rimmed with Tajin (chili lime spice), sugar and salt, mixed together. I recreated that here! I like it a little on the sweet side so I did 1 tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp Tajin. This seasoning is also delicious on fresh pineapple, mango and watermelon! You can find it at Publix.
Ina is my very favorite and I have made more of her recipes than I can count. She’s my go to resource for cooking. I have a number of her cookbooks and love every single one. If you’re looking for a place to start, Foolproof is my all time favorite. I’ve shared tons of her recipes here.
If you are interested in How Easy Is That? or already own it, other recipes I love from that book are:
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing with Bibb Lettuce
- Weeknight Bolognese
- Lemon Chicken Breasts (this is one I make often)
- Jeffrey’s Roast Chicken
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- Mocha Chocolate Icebox Cake
affiliate links used
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED