We LOVE avocado and this guacamole salad is a lovely, light summer supper where you don’t have to heat up the kitchen with the oven! I served it with a simple white bread and Honey grilled chicken.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and 1/2-inch diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup small diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers, seeded (2 peppers)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- 1/4 cup good olive oil (I cut this in half!)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, seeded, peeled, and 1/2-inch diced
- Place the tomatoes, yellow pepper, black beans, red onion, jalapeno peppers, and lime zest in a large bowl. Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper and pour over the vegetables. Toss well.
- Just before you’re ready to serve the salad, fold the avocados into the salad. Check the seasoning and serve at room temperature.
This would also be delicious with tortilla chips.
I hope you had a great weekend!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED