I’ve loved trying my hand at a variety of cocktails the last couple of years. Of course, now that our life is back to a full calendar of events I don’t have as much free time to sit around drinking cocktails and enjoying the weather. :-) I have tried for YEARS to make a good margarita. There are so many different varieties and recipes and I realized I am pretty picky. There aren’t many I like in restaurants, in fact. After years of trial and error, I finally have a favorite! It’s strong but fresh and tart and easy to drink, in my opinion.
My Favorite Margarita
I half the recipe for two generous glasses.
For rim / garnish:
- 1 lime, halved
- Salt OR Tajin OR a mix of Tajin and sugar (my personal fave)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (5 limes)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 cup Naranja orange liquor
- 1 cup good white tequila
- 2 cups ice, plus extra for serving
- 1-2 T. egg white, if desired, for extra frothiness (I use the box kind)
- Prepare your glasses with rim and fill with ice.
- Combine all “drink” ingredients in a blender and puree. Strain into glasses.
On the subject of margaritas, this is my favorite Grapefruit Margarita. Honey doesn’t like grapefruit so I rarely make it.
This St. Germain “Margarita” is delicious and we both like it a lot. I never would have dreamed to put these ingredients together but they work well.
Do you have a favorite margarita recipe?
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED