It’s sixty degrees and sunny in Georgia today. Which makes it a ridiculous day for hot chocolate. But I set out to have a Valentine’s treat each day leading up to the sweetest day of the year and gosh darnit, I’m going to have a Valentine’s treat each day leading up to the sweetest day of the year.
Heart Hot Chocolate
– You’ll need hot chocolate pouches, tub of Cool Whip, red food coloring.
– Thaw the Cool Whip (I did mine in the fridge overnight)
– Add a few drops of red food coloring and mix it in
– Line a square baking pan with parchment and evenly spread in Cool Whip; Refreeze overnight
– Lift parchment out of pan and use a cookie cutter to make hearts; Refreeze hearts until ready to use
– Prepare hot chocolate per the package directions and top with your sweet pink Cool Whip heart
Valentine’s Snack Mix
– You’ll need pretzels, honey nut cheerios, party peanuts, conversation hearts and/or any other small snack mix makings. I just used things I had on hand.
– Mix and enjoy. How easy is that?!?!
And if that wasn’t enough of a treat, we also spent the afternoon playing outside with cousin Bird and Mother and Daddy-O arrived for a visit!! It’s really been a gorgeous week and we’ve made the most of it with play dates every.single.day.
Happy heart week!
Flattered for the feature on At the Picket Fence!!