Welcome back for the last update before the big reveal next week!!! *squeal*
I’ve still got loads to accomplish in order to complete my One Room Challenge on time, but tons of progress was made in the last week. And it is just looking SO good!
For starters, here’s the vision…
And the goals:
- An updated space that makes a nice transition from my preppy pink and colorful family office to the rest of the main level. This little powder room gets a lot of use and opens onto the main downstairs hallway AND the family office.
- A neutral and timeless foundation with accessories that add pops of color and can be changed out as tastes change. I have used this philosophy throughout my home. Neutral walls, neutral floor coverings and neutral furniture. I want to do the same here, but layer touches pink (to tie in the office) and turquoise (to transition to the rest of the house.)
First things first, the wallpaper is up. After last week’s fiasco, I went with a new installer that was immensely professional and worth every penny. This, my friends, is the wallpaper dreams are made of.
Honey put the doors back on the vanity (which I am SO glad that I painted) and I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new hardware. After seeing it like this, I am so glad that Sister and Mother threatened to disown me if I didn’t go with it.
I shared the new chandy last week, but thought it was worth another peek against the NEW paper and painted ceiling. Hello, gorgeous! I’m so glad I went with my gut on this one rather than the darling turquoise pagoda version.
I have been picking up accessories here and there over the course of the challenge. Mother will be immensely pleased that I finally have a tissue box in this house.
The rug is down in hopes that some of the ripples will flatten out, and my new lucite trash bin is here. Yippee! I will probably have to take it out until next week so that the littles don’t fill it up with all sorts of gross things, as they are prone to do.
Here’s a peek at the little finishing touches I’ve acquired here and there. I promise to put together all of the sources for next week.
With that, here is my to-do list:
order wallpaper have wallpaper hung – find new installer patch holes from old light, towel bars and tp roller paint ceiling – this weekend rug mirror
- hang mirror
soap dispenser paint cabinet (can you believe I, Amanda of Dixie Delights, am going to paint wood? ) – one more coat on the doors
- cabinet pulls – ordered; must install
towels monogram towels art
- figure out frame for art
- shelves – assemble, paint and hang
- towel bar- ordered; must install
- style shelves
- shop the stores and house for accessories
have light box moved to ceiling & hang chandy chandelier
I’m still a wee bit nervous over everything that must be accomplished in the next seven days. But I seriously can’t wait for this time next week when it’s DONE!