We wrapped up the last day of school with our annual Walk of Fame and a sweet summertime snack on the porch. I went with a watermelon theme and made the cutest little watermelon inspired fruit pizza tart to go along with it. I mean, it’s hardly a celebrating without something slightly naughty to go along with the fruits and veggies :-)
This recipe will make 2 half watermelon shaped pizzas. You’ll need:
- 1 roll of sugar cookie dough – I used Pillsbury from the refrigerated section
- container of white icing
- sliced strawberries (one carton will be plenty)
- sliced kiwis (I used 4)
- handful of mini chocolate chips
- Gently press the cookie dough in the bottom of a round pan. I used about 3/4 of the roll of dough (and made a few cookies on a regular cookie sheet with the rest.) I found it easiest to break the dough off into pinches and scatter those all over the pan and then gently smoosh together. I used my springform pan and lined the bottom with a piece of parchment paper cut to fit. If you don’t have a spring form, a regular cake pan would work but I would definitely put parchment in the bottom and spray it good with Baker’s Joy.
- Bake at 350 for about 18 minutes until the cookie is golden brown.
- Let cool a bit then unclasp the springform pan. Let fully cool. I sliced mine in half before decorating to keep the edges clean.
- Spread icing over cookie and top with sliced strawberries and kiwis. Dot the strawberries with mini chocolate chips. I had the cookie baked and iced the night before and waited to put the fruit on until much closer to serving.
The littles LOVED it and it will definitely be a summertime dessert staple around here. It’s really easy and super cute to take to pool parties and BBQs!!
You can see the rest of our special snack HERE!
Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, y’all!! We have NO plans outside of smoking some meat and laying by the pool.