This is one of our favorite, lick the plate clean, kind of Sunday Suppers! It’s quick and easy and not toooo bad for you to boot. I found the recipe years ago and printed it out so I don’t have a source, sadly. At any rate, I give you Bang Bang Shrimp + Fried Rice…
3 cups cooked brown rice (best if cold, so you can cook the night before or morning of!)
1 egg + 2 egg whites
1 tbsp oil
1/2 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
5 green onions
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 cup shelled edamame
2 tbsp soy sauce
salt and fresh pepper
- Whisk eggs, season with salt and pepper and scramble in a large pan or wok. Set aside.
- Add oil to your pan and cook onions, green onions, carrots and garlic for about a minute stirring constantly.
- Add rice and cook until heated.
- Add egg, soy sauce, and edamame, mixing well for about 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bang Bang Shrimp Sauce
5 T mayonnaise
4T finely chopped green onions
3 T Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
1 t Sriracha (or less)
Mix mayo, onions, chili saue and sriracha and set aside.
Now to cook our shrimp, we usually buy the 1.5lb-ish size bag of froze, peeled and deveined shrimp at Publix. Take tails off shrimp and saute in large pan with olive oil, butter and garlic. It only takes a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. We serve the sauce on the side because the littles only like a dab of it or none at all. Honey and I slather our shrimp in the sauce because it’s SO good!
I’ve been cooking up a storm with school back in session, but most of our meals are old faves so I don’t have a lot of new eats to share. If you have any faves, feel free to share in the comments!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED